Chapter 70: Part one//"You're not going to die, "

Chapter 70: Part one//"You're not going to die,"

My arms were over his body as I clutched on to him, screaming his name, calling fro him to wake up.

He was usually so funny and full of life, not matter what he always had some stupid joke that forced everyone to smile; yet now he lay in my arms lifelessly, never smirking again.

No, no, no, this can't be it. This can't be goodbye, his story wasn't finished yet. it can't be over so soon.

Everything around the 2 of us was chaos. At least 3 people were calling for an ambulance at the same time. Most of Aaron's men had run for it. No one would have imagined Aaron would shoot him and the look on Aaron's face instantly told us all he couldn't believe he had done it either.

There would be no easy way to cover up this death. The person who burned the brightest was now dying, or maybe even there already.

When he flew in front of me sacrificing his life, he was like a falling angel.

I just kept calling out his name but he wasn't moving, the wound it was so close to his heart from what I could see without getting too close.

Salty tears were falling from my eyes onto his shirt making the blood spread even wider.

"Please don't leave me" I whisper, unable to form the words in my mouth. Tears freely falling onto his face. I hope for a second that I see his eyes flutter but I know it's my imagination and I hold my breath waiting for his brilliant blue eyes to drown me in.

I felt hollow but angry, all I wanted and felt was revenge, what was it they said in the bible.

'...A life for a life"

And then the object glistens on the grass for the second time. Thoughts were ticking in my head, but I push them all aside and try to not think anything.

And I reach forward to get a grip on the death object. But I felt somebody else's hands wrap around it at the same time as me. The touch of our skin makes me jump.

I look up to see someone's eyes who mimic mine.

Daniel had a grip on the gun, as well as me. He shakes his head at me, not saying a word.

Maybe the gun would have been better in my hands, and I would never have had the guts to do it.

I let it go and Daniel lifts it into the air. I see it sparkle in the moonlight; Daniel's eyes were glistening dangerously.

A gunshot runs through the darkness for a second time tonight and the body rolls down one of the hills that I used to roll down for fun as a child.

I'm shaken to the core at Daniel. Never would I imagine the brother I grew up with to commit a murder.

If things were chaos before I had no words to describe what was going on now.

"What Aaron didn't realize was I had a better aim than Elliott" Daniel says the gun still pointed in the air. All the boys stop running around and look at Daniel.

Daniel just shot Aaron.

"Fuck" I hear Carter say out loud running a hand over his face in astonishment. Aiden went to go look down the hill if Aaron lay there.

He looked like he was going to be sick when he looked down.

Conner began walking up to Daniel slowly "Put the gun down now, he's gone, you shot him, Dan put it down"

I could tell something twisted inside Daniel when Conner called him  Dan. Only one person usually called him Dan.

Daniel still holds it in the air, terrifying us all.