Chapter 69//"I'll protect you Crescent"

We were all sprinting towards Daniel's car, which I was guessing was the only 8 seater car someone brought tonight. My heart pounded in my ears and my body was numb in shock. Someone had taken Elliott.

The question is how they took Elliott because I know my boyfriend.... Sorry fiancé, wouldn't go down without a fight

I was shaking, and it wasn't from the cold. Once I'm inside the car, I have my seatbelt on, I place my hands in my lap my fingers digging in to my thighs. 

Elliott, all I want is Elliott. I want my fiancé, I want him so much.

The second Conner told Daniel that Elliott had been taken it was like my brother was going to fall to the ground.

"I caught a signal" Carter shouts from the front of the car. We all perk up to listen to him as he was the on tracking Elliott's phone.

"The grassland, near Wolverpark"

Daniel was already roaring the car to life and speeding out the car park. Alec sits beside me with Conner on my other side.

"How do we know if it's genuine?" Conner asks, his nose had stopped bleeding but he still had blood over himself.

"Do you have any better ideas" Daniel snaps harshly. Conner doesn't reply, he knows that Daniel was in a state of panic.

"What happened anyway? How the fuck did they get Elliott?" Daniel swears.

"We were both outside and then they jumped up from behind us. 3 of them out of nowhere" Conner shakes his head like he still couldn't believe it.

"And you couldn't fend them off" Daniel snorts with no humor.

"Don't you think I tried, does the look like I snorted tomato ketchup up my nose and sneezed it out"

Carter puts a reassuring hand on Daniel's shoulder "It's okay man, we'll get to him, just slow down, we don't need to get stopped by the police"

I don't think Daniel realized how hard he had been holding on to the steering wheel. He loosens his grip and lets out a large sigh of breath.

My right hand was on my bare thigh in this dress and I hand my nails digging into my skin, I tried to look at any possible streetlights.

Look at something bright, they say, it will stop the tears.

"What if he's already gone?" Daniel whispers. "We all knew Aaron has planned something like this for a while now"

I was violently shaking now I remove my hand from my thigh to cover my face.

Conner looks wide-eyed at the marks that I have left on my leg.

He takes my hand and holds it tightly, reassuringly. Trying to tell me that he'll be okay. My Elliott will be fine.

"Are you bleeding all that bloody can't be from your nose?" I ask Conner in concern. He shakes his head his dirty blonde hair swaying.

"It's not my blood Cress, it's Elliott's"

Soon enough Daniel stops the car so hard, I think I received a whiplash. Everyone throws off their seatbelts at lightning speed as we run off the path and onto the grass.

We go through the dark trees all the boys following Carter, who was shouting directions.

All 4 of them run ahead, while Alec runs with me a little slower than the rest of them.

How I would love to strip out this dress. I felt twigs cutting at my ankles as I resisted the pain.

I lift up the skirts as I catch up with the rest of them. And slowly it all comes back to me. I knew this place. This land of grass.