Conner's story

Author note: This chapter has been on my mind for a long time, and I must tell you it's not a happy one. This chapter slots into the story just after Chapter 67. Conner is such a mystery and I want to share that mystery with you.

Crescent's POV

I walk through the crowd, dodging people as I try and catch up with this certain person, damn he walks fast. He's weaving through the crowd, almost as if he knows someone is following him.

He rounds a sharp corner and it leads down a dimly lit corridor as he continues to stride down the hall, it looks like nothing is stopping him.

"Conner" My voice echo's down the corridor.

He stops. He probably knows its my voice and he's contemplating whether on not he should turn around. I wouldn't be surprised if he kept walking, if he didn't want to see my face ever again. I've broken the bad boy's heart.

And I'm sorry about it, but there's nothing I can do.

In this moment standing here, memories flash through my head, Conner was my life-long childhood crush. He was that boy, that all those love songs reminded me of, he'd be the boy I'd daydream in class about.

And he's so damn beautiful, like he honestly looks like he was carved by the gods themselves. He's a masterpiece, yet I don't think he is on the inside, there's something deeply wrong with him. Something inside of him that no one can fix.

That's the only think I've learnt about him during our months of dating.

He's like a living, breathing mystery.

When we were in a relationship, I forgot about all my curiosity that surrounded him. He made me feel like I knew him, when I never really knew him at all.

And now that we've broken up, I'm out his daze. I can see clearly again, clearer than before.

I used to think he was just mysterious and dangerous, but no there's something more to him. Something has deeply wounded him and you can see it when you look close enough into his icy blue eyes.

And I haven't helped him in any way. He loved me and I broke his heart.

Yet he still turns around.

Those cold, cold eyes warm up a little the second he sees me and something inside me breaks. He's waiting for me to say something but I don't even know what I want to say.

"I'm sorry" I blurt out, he only frowns at my apology.

"I never gave you a proper chance" I tell him honestly because even when I was with him, it was only ever Elliott, it was always meant to be Elliott.

"I feel... I feel like I've used you, Conner and I'm confused"

WhyMe? WhyMe? WhyMe?

I understand Elliott loving me, we're soulmates. Wherever he goes, I will always follow. It's like we're intwined together.

"You haven't done anything to me Crescent. What's wrong?"

"Conner I never understood you, you scare me and you confuse me" And I want to understand you, I want you to let me in, even after everything I've done to you.

You're not ok.

He just looks at me for a moment, I don't want Conner to hate me, I really don't. I may not have loved him but I felt something strong with him.

"That day I came to you're house when I was bleeding, I knew Daniel wasn't home. I was actually on my way home, but the second I saw your car parked outside you're house, I made the snap decision to have you help me"