Chapter 2: Saved Her

"I'm WHAT?!" I yelled suddenly standing in front of my dad. I saw his eyes darken.

"You're engaged", he said surprisingly calm. I couldn't believe him!

"To who?" I yelled again clenching my fist. My father wouldn't even look me in the eyes. Tch, wussy.

"The Hitachiin family have two sons. You're going to marry the oldest. If you do this, then I'll be pleased", he said. As if I want him to be pleased with me. I planned to tell him... that I want to keep traveling.

"This is not fair, father", I whispered. He looked up at me.

"Life is unfair. The sooner you learn it, the better", he said standing up. My father looked down at me, disappointed. "You're going to Ouran with Kyoya."

"B-but... what if they find out?" I asked startled. I'm already an outcast in my family, I don't want to be an outcast to the rest of the world.

"You better make sure they don't, then", my father said and exited the room. I felt down onto my knees. Haven't I sacrificed enough already? I slammed my fist against the ground. I was four times stronger than an average human, this didn't hurt me, not even a little bit. Suddenly, someone wrapped his arms around me. I looked up to see Kyoya's concerned face.

"What happened?" he whispered. I just shook my head and pushed him away. Before he could even follow me, I ran highspeed out of the room. I acted like a little child, I knew that. But I didn't care. I'll regret that later.

~♡~

After a few minutes running, I stopped. It was cold and humid. I made my way to the stoplight and waited for it to turn green so I could cross. There was only one other person here. A girl somewhat short with cropped brown hair and two large brown eyes. She was talking with someone on the phone.

"Senpai, my father doesn't like you. None of you are coming", the girl said. I couldn't help but listen to the conversation. She sighed and started crossing over while still talking to the phone. I saw a car coming. The girl crossed without even looking left and right. The stoplight didn't even turn green. The car come closer, the driver was distracted so he didn't see the girl. It all happened so fast I didn't get a chance to think. I just reacted. I ran forward, grabbed the back of the girl's dress and pulled hom backwards with all my strength just as the car sped by us. It all happened in high-speed. We tumbled back and she landed on top of me. My breath slammed out of my chest painfully. The girl immediately rolled off me.

"Are you alright?" the girl asked, her big brown eyes filled with concern and awe.

"Uh... yeah, I think so", I groaned.
"I can't believe I just did that. You- You saved my life."
"It's fine. It was a good thing I was here, I guess." She scooted closer and winced when she pushed my hair back.

"You have a cut on your head", she said breathlessly. I felt it with my fingers and squinted as it stung. My fingers had a little blood on them, nothing alarming. It'll heal in a few seconds. I tried to stand but she held me down.

"Woah. Wait, ok? Let me call an ambu-" she suddenly stopped talking and looked at my cut... or at least the place where my cut should be. Crap, I thought.
"You healed...", she whispered. I stood up.

"You can't tell anyone about this. You do owe me after I saved your life", I said smiling. The girl nodded.

"I will agree to this if you explain to me what happened and what you are-"

"That's a long story", I cut her off.

"I have plenty of time", the girl said smiling.