Chapter 29: A Spell

--------------

Hikaru
--------------

When I heard about (Y/N)'s condition, I immediately came here. I couldn't care less about school.
After their fight, they first made sure they were safe. The resistance found a place in the woods. There were several small cottages. Mario told us this is where she would spend her vacation with her family before she became what she is now.

(Y/N) seems to be in a sort of coma. Whatever Kyoya did to her, Samson said it wasn't completely his fault. Seems like Simon pushed Kyoya out of the way.
Samson had read his mind. So he knows what his father did to Kyoya. After he defended (Y/N), his father turned him into one of his other experiments. That's how Kyoya turned into a wolf. The I.H.F. had him in control.
Two weeks have passed since the incident. Kyoya hasn't gone to school ever since either. The Host Club comes often to check up on her.

They wanted to stay but Tao and I were against it. It would be too suspicious. Kaoru didn't stay either. He made up an excuse for our parents.
I have no idea what he said. And I didn't care either. I would stay by her side.

I looked down at (Y/N). I never leave her side, except when Anna wants to wash her.
I took gently her hand in mine. They didn't feel the same as that time I kissed her after playing the hero. I always get mad thinking back at it. How Ivan touched her. My (Y/N). She didn't do anything to deserve this.
(Y/N) even wanted to sacrifice herself for us.
"Hikaru", her soft whisper sounded so loud. I stiffened and looked down at (Y/N). Anna didn't quite describe it as a coma. Nobody of us really knew what was going on. But we called it that. A sort of coma. She didn't react to anything til now.
Joy welled inside my chest. I smiled wildly at the girl who captured my heart.

I never thought I would fall for her. My kinda fiancé.
I honestly forgot about that til now. The engagement may not count under these circumstances right now, but maybe some day...

"(Y/N), you have utterly put me under a spell. I can't sleep or think anymore. My heart races whenever you smile. I look at you... and I smile for no reason", I said while going with a hand through my strawberry blonde hair and kissed her forehead. (Y/N) didn't react again. Sighing I sat back down.
A small knock disturbed the silence. I looked up and saw Simon in the door opening.

He hasn't been doing well. He blames himself for what happened to (Y/N). I dont think I'm helping either. I gave Simon a glare while he walked in. He shook his head when he saw that she was still asleep.
"I'm sorry", he said for the hundredth time this week. I scoffed. Simon had bags underneath his eyes. Nobody could sleep.

(Y/N) doesn't realise how attached all of them grew to her and his much they care about her. Every few hours people come in, only to get disappointed. A few days ago, Tao and Anna were arguing about who would take over Steven's place for the time being.
Anna said that (Y/N) should. Tao was against it because she was in a coma. So he wanted Alexej to take over. Eventually Alexej stepped up. He would take over while (Y/N) is recovering. After that, she will be leader, if she wants to.
Both were satisfied with that. Alexej wanted (Y/N) to be leader as much as the others. I think she would do great.

"How long do you think we need to keep running?" I looked up at Simon who suddenly spoke up. He didn't face me. He kept his eye on (Y/N).
"I honestly don't know", I said. I didn't even think about that actually. Without saying anything Simon left the room again.

Her happiness and safety is important to me. That's why I want to be the main reason for it.