Chapter 23: She's not a kid

Kyoya's POV (the day before Haru was brought in)

The whole Ootori family sat at the same table like always. Their usual seats. I pushed my glasses up my nose before taking another bite of my chicken.

Nobody said a word as always. My two older brothers were sitting on the other side of the table while my sister say next to me on the right. Mother was more quiet than usual. Ever since (Y/N) left, father almost never sits with us anymore. He is one of the most important people in the I.H.F. it seems.
I pretended as if I didn't know anything about (Y/N)'s disappearance and about the whole project. Akito pretended to be fine but I know him better than that. He misses her. Just like Fuyumi and Yuuichi. My mother... I never knew what she thought and I still don't.

"Mother? Isn't father going to join us again today?" Yuuichi the eldest of us all asked polite. My mother smiled softly at him.
"I'm afraid not so. He's doing his best to find (Y/N). That ungrateful child she is only gave him more work and stress", my mother said in disgust. I clenched my fist under the table hearing those words. Fuyumi saw my frustration and put her hand a top of mine. I turned my head to her. My sister smiled, reassuring me.
"I'm feeling a bit unwell, mother. Do you if I would leave?" I asked making sure to control my anger. Akito frowned before continuing eating his food. Mother nodded without even looking at me.
I bow slightly and left the room.

~♡~

"I DON'T CARE! I WANT YOU TO FIND HER!"

I was frozen in place. My father's booming voice echoed in the hallway. The others were still eating so they wouldn't have heard. I turned, seeing that the door to his office was slightly opened. Quietly, I walked over to the door while my father continued the conversation.

"Now that project I29 doesn't respond anymore we need to find another way to know N01's location."

For those who don't remember N01 are you and I29 is Ivan. Just sayin' 。◕‿‿◕。

It was silent for a while. Probably because the person on the other side was talking now. I scooped closer and listened.
"That's not an option. What are the results of the Ceberus projects?"

...

"Very well. Let them do the dirty work. Make sure they mean no harm for other humans. We don't want them to know about this 'til we complete the last phase. Now I need to go, my family mustn't suspect anything."

I quickly dashed for my room. As I heard the door of his office close, I started to walk again.
"Son? You're just who I needed to speak to. Mind following me to the dining room? I have an announcement to make."

This can't be good.

~♡~

I sat back at the table again. Father on one end and mother on the other. Although, he didn't sit down. He just stood their. We all waited for what he had to say.
"I have information about (Y/N)'s disappearance", my head snapped up. What did he find out? Yuuichi saw my reaction. He looked at me curiously out of the corner of his eye. "Someone of us, helped my daughter dear. So I'm going to ask you again, Yuuichi. Were you involved?"
The eldest son of the Ootori family shook his head firmly. My father asked the same questions to my other two siblings. Both shook their head. Father moves on to me. He stood next to me with a hand on my shoulder.
"Kyoya, son, were you involved with (Y/N)'s disappearance? Or perhaps you know where she is?" I shook my head, too. I wasn't going to betray her after everything I've done. Father chuckled and then suddenly turned my chair.

He know stared right at me. His eyes being as cold as always, he nipped from his glass before coming closer to my face.
"Don't lie to me, Kyoya", he said. Akito's eyes widened while Fuyumi looked at me in concern and shock. Mother didn't even glance my way while Yuuichi smirked.
"I'm not lying, father", I said not losing eye contact. Father slapped me. I was utterly shocked. A gasp escaped Fuyumi's lips.

"I'm deeply disappointed in you. (Y/N) is just a kid!" my father said trying to sound like a real one. I chuckled. That small gesture did made my mother look up.

"You're wrong, father. She has grown up the day you turned her into one of your projects sending her to a possible death."

____________________________________

DUN DUN DUN

I'm proud of Kyoya (~˘▾˘)~ that last sentence was brilliant. If I say so myself. So dramatic. I LOVE IT

LMAO sorry.

I'm happy today okay XD how was your day anyway?