Chapter 2 | Brain condition

C H A P T E R 2
| B R A I N  C O N D I T I O N |
L A N A

I ignored the stares I received from students walking through the car lot. The music in my car played at max volume and Halsey's song played.

I pulled the keys out of the ignition and left my car, locking it on the way out.

I was met by Stacey who wore a black skirt and a grey sleeveless top with pink heels.

"Did you get my text?" She asked.

I grabbed my phone flicking through. "No way" I muttered finding the information. "He actually did it"

Stacey nodded. "He did. And we got it on camera so we have proof" she showed me the video.

Mike entered the room on the second floor. Soon later there was a loud bang before the lights switched on. The people standing below hushed eachother as the lights flicked back off. There was complete silence before he jumped out of the window.

Then the video ended.

I sighed. "I wish I was there to see it"

"You mean do it" she corrected me. "You are the queen of dares after all"

The edge of my mouth twitched upwards at this before it immediately dropped as I thought of what my mother had told me.

"There's a party tonight at Steve's. You coming?"

I used to always go to party's. Only now I can't. My mom is now going to be suspicious. One time she didn't let me go but I ended up sneaking out. Of course she found out and I was grounded for a week. Parents give us punishments so we can hopefully learn from them. But I didn't. Sneaking out became a habit and my mom gave up. But now if she finds out I'll have to move away. One slip up and I'll be gone.

My mother's words rang through my head. No more parties.

I fake sighed angrily. "Unfortunately I can't. Family dinner again"

She gave me a sympathetic look. "Damn. Now who's gonna do the double dare with me?" She pouted.

"I guess it's just gonna be a single dare now" I shrugged to her.

We walked to the lockers were Mike, Riley and Matt stood.

Mike wore black jeans with a white top that hugged his abs. I placed my hands on his eyes. "Guess who?"

Mike was your typical bad boy. He skips classes, gets detentions and goes to parties and is also the captain of the soccer team. He has short blonde hair and brown eyes.

He smiled. "Well if it isn't my beautiful girlfriend" He spun around to see me. He leaned in for a kiss but I placed my fingers on his lips.

I shook my head mockingly. "Remember what I said"

"But the bell hasn't gone yet" he whined.

A loud bell echoed through the hallway and I smiled in victory. "Yes it has"

I opened my locker and he stood next to me. "This rule is stupid"

"No it's not" I pointed out. "Remember what I said, for this relationship to work, we need to-"

"-Cut down on the kissing" He cut in.

I smiled proudly. "Good boy" I shut my locker and locked it.

The bell rang signalling first period has started and I walked away from Mike heading to maths.

"One day you won't resist" he yelled.