Chapter 23 | Dinner with the parents

C H A P T E R  2 3
| D I N N E R  W I T H  T H E  P A R E N T S |
L A N A

I knocked on the door.

I wore a v-neck blue dress that ended just below mid thigh. I paired it with nude heels.

My hair cascaded down my back in loose curls. I knew I'd outdone it, but it was any mother we were talking about. You had to dress up.

The door opened and I was met by Maya. She grinned at me. "Someone dressed up a lot for a special someone"

She stepped back so I could walk in. "Yes for my mother"

I walked through the hallway to the lounge room were Sarah sat reading a book. She immediately looked up when I walked in.

"Lana, it's great to see you. You look stunning" she complemented me whilst standing up and hugging me.

I hugged her back before pulling away. "Thanks, where's Luke?"

"He should be coming" Sarah replied.

A second later a drop dead gorgeous Luke walked in. His brown hair was slicked back perfectly. My eyes trailed down towards his green emerald eyes all the way to his distinctive cheekbones ending at his luscious lips. He wore a black tuxedo with a black tie. And I thought I outdid it.

He eyes travelled down my body before meeting my eyes as his eyes bore into mine. It was like we were the only two people here.

He walked up to me not breaking eye contact and held his elbow out. "Shall we?" His deep voice cut through my thoughts.

It was like I was frozen. I snapped out of my trance and hooked my arm around his.

Maya grinned whilst Sarah smiled at us. We started making our way outside.

"Good luck on your date" Maya yelled from the door.

I ignored her comment.

"They're on a date?" Sarah asked her eyes lighting up in excitement.

"They're up to the dinner with the parents" Maya replied.

I turned my gaze back to Luke who was staring straight ahead, his muscular arm holding mine.

"You didn't complement how I look" I commented rather offended.

His breath fanned my bare neck as he murmured in a deep sexy voice. "I didn't know I had to"

"It's a date so the girl expects a compliment" I said truthfully resisting the urge to shiver.

He chuckled. "So it's a date then. You look like the most beautiful creature on earth"

I was stunned. His response caught me off guard.

He opened the door for me and waited for me to get in. I got in with no more words being said.

He shut my car door and got in the other side and started driving.

"What do I call them?" He asked.

I was about to respond but he elaborated. "What do I call your parents I mean. Maya said to call them parents in law but that's of course stupid" he mumbled the last part.

I rolled my eyes. "Just call them Mrs McAllister and Mr McAllister"

He nodded and kept his eyes on the road. For some reason I knew he was nervous. I put my hand on his arm and he glanced at me.

I smiled reassuringly. "Don't worry, you'll be fine"

He nodded silently.

For the rest of the ride we sat in a comfortable silence, the sound of a radio playing in the background.