Chapter 9 | Blonde bimbo

C H A P T E R 9
| B L O N D E B I M B O |
L A N A

We stood at the front of Luke's parked car. Suddenly a girl the same age as me appeared. She was beautiful. She had black hair, green eyes and a curvy figure. She looked like a Victoria secret model. She placed her sunglasses on the top of her head and scanned my body. She hooked her right arm around Luke. I had this odd feeling. I felt a tinge of jealousy flood through me. Why was I feeling jealous?

"I'm Maya" she beamed at me and held out her hand.

For some reason my hand wouldn't move. I just stared coldly at her and flicked my eyes to Luke. "Who is she?"

He put on a fake smile at my rudeness. "Lana this is Maya my sister"

I felt guilty and relief.

My hand met hers in a shake and she grinned. "So baby brother. What do you need help with? I'm pretty sure she doesn't need help with her outfit, she already looks like a model" She turned to Luke.

He turned his gaze to her. "I need you to turn her into a" he paused looking for the right word "not so slutty girl"

She didn't object, instead she hummed an ok and linked her arm into mine and we started walking.

"What school do you go to?" I asked realising I've never seen her around.

"I went to a school in Australia before because I lived with my dad, now I'm living with my mom so I'm starting here next week" she replied.

That explains why I didn't see her at their house.

We made our way into Kmart. Luke got a call so he excused himself. Now it was just Maya and I.

"Ok spill" she said browsing through the racks.

I raised my brow. "Excuse me?"

She gave me a look. "What's between you and Luke?"

I could tell where this was going. "Nothing is between Luke and I. We're just friends"

She hummed unconvinced. "I see the way you guys look at each other. You both give each other looks now and again. I haven't seen Luke like this since his last girlfriend-" she immediately stopped her eyes wide.

"Firstly I met Luke two days ago. Secondly we don't give each other looks. And thirdly who was his last girlfriend?" I asked curiously.

Surely she would just say her name like anyone would. I mean she's his ex so why does it matter?

"What happened to his girlfriend?" I asked smoothly when she didn't reply.

She tried to cover up. "Nothing happened. Now try these on" she threw me two skirts, three tops and three dresses.

I scowled at her and started walking back. "You're a bitch, you know that?"

"Love you babe" she yelled back to me.

I shut the curtain and tried on the first outfit. It was a black skirt that ended just above my knees. Paired with a grey off the shoulder top. It was definitely a change. I would normally wear a skirt that ended just below my butt and a tank top that shows off my stomach. I stared in the mirror. I'm gonna have to get used to this.

"Its 12 pm, prince charming has arrived" Maya gushed.

I rolled my eyes and opened the curtain. Her eyes immediately brightened as she checked me out. "Hey, that looks gorgeous on you" she spoke telling me to turn around.

Luke came back and stood against the rack with his arms crossed.

"So what do you think Luke. Hot?" Maya smiled evilly at me before turning to Luke.