Chapter 28 | Friends with benefits

C H A P T E R  2 8
|F R I E N D S  W I T H  B E N E F I T S|
L A N A

I slammed open my locker unfortunately not scaring the two people standing against each other right next to my locker. Mike stood against the locker with a blonde cheerleader smashed against him kissing each other. I was fine with them kissing each other but they were loud and continuous. By the look on Mike's face he was doing it on purpose.

I put my books in my locker and I couldn't help my eavesdrop.

"I'll see you later" Mike said pulling away with his arms still hooked around her waist.

The girl who I recognised was Carey pouted. "It's still lunch"

"After school" he stated.

She whirled around and stalked away adding a sway to her hips.

Mike stood with his hands in his pockets and leaning on the locker next to mine as he slightly turned to me. "So are you and Luke a thing now? Because you guys haven't been around each other lately" he said casually.

Of course he'd notice that. It's not like we were a thing. So why is everyone taking notice and saying stuff like we broke up?

"I see your black eye has healed" I smiled sweetly at him and shutting my locker, clicking my lock together.

"If you need to make him jealous, I'm here to help" he said coming closer to me ending up a small distance away from me. His breath fanning my face. I didn't shiver like I used to. I don't know what I saw in him before. He's just really creepy.

I took a step back and stared blankly at him. "I'm fine" and walked to the cafeteria.

Luke sat at the table opposite Riley whilst Maya sat next to Luke.

I sat down next to Riley.

"What did I miss?" I asked avoiding eye contact with Luke.

Maya and Riley exchanged glances as Luke gazed at me.

"Just how Geelong's gonna win the AFL this year" Maya said proudly.

"You mean Richmond" Luke cut in swiftly.

Riley nodded with Luke. "Sorry babe, it's Richmond"

My eyes raised to meet Luke's burning gaze. I immediately looked away looking between Maya and Riley.

"I'm with Geelong" I shrugged.

I didn't really go for a team. To be honest I've never sat down to watch a full match.

"You'll see, we should watch a match together, just us four" Riley suggested as Maya kicked his leg from under the table making him groan. He frowned at her before realising.

"I can't, too busy" I lied forcing a smile.

I wouldn't mind going to a watch with them. But I know it'll be awkward. Especially because Maya and Riley will be together the whole time. And then it would just be Luke and I.

"Bullshit" Luke deadpanned staring at me with his green eyes.

I raised a brow. "Oh so the good boy swears. What a surprise" I mumbled rolling my eyes.

"So now your gonna insult me?" He laughed humorously to himself.

"What's that meant to mean?"

"You can't just sit here, and ignore me" he accused me.