Chapter 11 | Meeting the fam

C H A P T E R  1 1
| M E E T I N G  T H E  F A M |
L A N A

I sat down at the dining table opposite Maya with luke on my right and Sam on my left.

We had a half an hour argument on the seating plan. Mainly because Maya wanted to sit next to me but Sarah wanted Luke to sit next to me. I was originally sitting on the edge of the table so both couldn't sit next to me, only one could. When 15 minutes passed we agreed that Luke would sit next to Me and Maya would sit opposite me. And I mean Sarah and Maya agreed. Luke and I had nothing to do with it. And Maya didn't exactly agree because Sarah was the mom anyway.

Then Sam decided to show up from daycare. Apparently a kid had the flu so they were all sent home. There was no problem about that though as Sam was meant to sit on the end. But Sam also wanted to sit next to me. And unlike Maya, Sam didn't budge. So then we had to rearrange the whole layout.

I remember having a conversation with Luke during the argument, thankfully no one noticed.

*flashback*

Maya, Sarah and Sam were all standing up argueing whilst Luke and I sat down next to eachother

I leaned into him so we were touching shoulders "Why don't you intervene?" I asked noticing he hasn't said a thing.

"Because there's no point"

"You can try at least" I urged him.

He sighed. "Why dont we just-" he stopped when no one was listening. "See?"

I snickered at his failed attempt. "Maybe it's because they don't like you" I suggested.

He rolled his eyes at me and continued to watch the argument.

Where's the popcorn when you need it?

*End of flashback*

Because Sam is sitting on the end of the table I had to swap sides so I was next to her. On the other side. Luke sat next to me. Maya sat opposite me and Sarah sat next to Maya.

Who knew seating plans were so difficult. I bet the lunch was cold by now.

After the whole argument I wanted to rub in Luke's face about how everyone loves me and wants to sit next to me. It felt good. I've never had anyone argue to sit next to me.

I remember a family dinner I once had. My mother and father wanted to sit next to eachother so I was pushed all the way to the other side. The whole dinner was conversations involving them two, nothing to do with me.

Maya, Sarah and Sam all sat down and I heard Luke mutter "finally".

We all started piling portions of food onto our plates. Me having to do Sam's.

Sarah smiled sympathetically to me. "I'm so sorry about all of this" she said, referring to the argument they had.

I grinned. "It's fine I feel flattered that everyone wants to sit next to me"

Luke rolled his eyes at me and Sam giggled.

"It's so good to see Luke bring home a girl that's nowhere like his last girlfriend" Sarah spoke completely unaware of the situation.

Luke stiffened and Maya shot Sarah a look telling her to stop.

"What do you mean nowhere like his last girlfriend?" I asked confused.

Luke started playing with his food and Maya tries to get Lukes attention. And Sam was eating a cookie gleefully..

"You know" she started. "Bitchy, rude, cocky, dumb ect" she went on.

I suddenly lost my appetite. I was all of them. I knew Sarah didn't mean that because she had no idea I was like that.

I am bitchy. I am rude. I am cocky. I am dumb. I felt hurt and a little bit embarrassed. I could feel Luke's and Maya's eyes on me but I didn't dare a look at them.

"That's enough mom" Maya said sternly.

Sarah looked sorry suddenly aware of the situation. "I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to say that, I just got a little carried away"

I faked a smile. "That's ok"

Apart from that the rest of the lunch went smoothly. We joked and talked. Much like a family.

Sarah hugged me for my departure. "It was so good to see you honey, come back soon"

I smiled warmly at her. "Thanks for having me, I had a great time"

I walked outside with everyone following me. Sam hugged me. "Promise you'll come back soon" she pleaded.

I crouched down to her level. "Of course"

"Pinky promise?" She held out her pinky.

I connected my punky with hers. "Pinky promise"

She smiled and ran off to her mom.

Maya hugged me. "I'll see you at school".

Sarah had dragged Maya and Sam away. "Luke be a darling and walk Lana to her car"

"Why? It's not like she's disabled" he spoke to the now shut door. Now it was just Luke and me.

I smiled gleefully as we walked down the narrow path.

"What?" He asked noticing my expression.

"Oh it's just that you said I wasn't  disabled"

He raised a brow. "Your point being?"

"That you said something nice to me" I said and opened the car door, hopping in.

"So me saying your not disabled is basically me being nice?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Its a start".

I started up the car. Luke had his elbows rested on my rolled down window.

"I'm sorry, about before" he said sincerely.

I avoided eye contact and stared at the road in front of me. "Its fine, it's not like I'm bitchy, cocky or dumb anymore" I joked around.

"You still are" he pointed out.

I winked. "That's our little secret"

He rolled his eyes and backed away.

I was about to drive off but then I remembered something. "Also who was your girlfriend?" I asked.

I noticed a sudden change in his mood. "You won't know her"

I was surprised. I thought he'd shut me out of something. There's a start to knowing his secret.

"Just give me a name. You'd be surprised as to how much people I know"

He shook his head. "Not this girl"

I nodded understanding and adjusted my mirror. I gave him a little wave before taking off.

(A/N)
Talk about a complicated family, am I right? Luke's family sure it something. Thoughts on the chapter? And what do you think about Luke's mystery girl?

Updating soon.
Remember to comment and vote.
~ Ashley