Chapter 10 | Cut the bull

C H A P T E R  1 0
| C U T  T H E  B U L L |
L A N A

I stared at my reflection. I wore a backless navy dress with a spaghetti strap. My makeup was lightly done with mascara, bronzer and highlighter. For some reason my ordinary blue eyes popped out.

I grabbed my blue heels and locked the door. The summer breeze picking up.

I swept my two braids backwards and pulled my sunglasses on. The sun rays beamed on me as I walked to my car. I could tell it was already thirty degrees.

I opened the car door to my red ferrari. It was a gift from my parents on my 16th birthday. My morning started off great. My parents weren't even there. I just received a note saying look outside. And sitting right outside was a posh red ferrari. I was so stoked about the car that I didn't question my parents dissapearance. And then everything went downhill from there. I shook the thought out of my head. There was no point in arguing about this.

I turned on the car and drove out of the driveway navigating my way to the house Luke had told me.

Right on cue I got a call from Luke.

"Do you miss me already?" I asked accepting his call.

"No" he said instantly. "My mother asked me to call you to see if you've gotten lost"

I laughed at this. "I'm half an hour early"

"Yeah, I personally think that she wanted me out of the kitchen" I can imagine him rubbing the back of his neck.

I pulled up at the house. "Uh Luke, why is there smoke coming from one of the windows?" I asked cautiously.

"The reason as to why I'm not in the kitchen" he said sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes and hung up, making my way to the door.

I knocked on the door and waited with the plate of cupcakes I had made the night before. I was going to make a Pavlova but then I remembered that they had a little girl. So I decided to make cupcakes with frosting.

The door opened and I was met by Sarah. She had her hair up in a bun and she wore a blue dress with an apron on top. Her eyes immediately brightened when she saw me. "Lana, it's good to see you" she enveloped me in a hug. I couldn't help but smile at this and hug her back. She felt like a mother to me. She's probably already given me more hugs than my mom.

I gave her the plate. "You didn't have to" she shut the door behind me and we made our way to the kitchen.

"It was the least I could do" I sat down at the island bench.

She entered the kitchen and started preparing everything. There were many plates full of food. Some with salad, fruit, dessert, meat, sausages and cupcakes.

The food was truly fit for a king.

I realised all of the mess on the table. Must of been Luke. "What happened here?" I asked as she cleaned it up.

Sarah sighed. "Luke happened. He turned the beater on without putting it in the mixture first. And the contents spilled everywhere. He's probably showering now"

There was bickering going on behind me. It was Luke and Maya both shoving eachother.

Maya wore shorts and a black tank top. On the other hand, Luke was shirtless with grey sweatpants. His hair was damp like he just had a shower. What caught my eyes the most was his strong build. No joke, he literally had a six pack.

Maya came up to me and hugged me. "Finally your here, that douche wouldn't stop talking about you" she winked before sitting at the stool next to me.

Luke rolled his eyes. "You wish" and sat next to me on the stool to my right.

Sarah gave a dissaproving look to Luke. "Put a shirt on"

"But it's hot in here" he whined.

"Because I'm here" Sarah ignored his whining.

I snickered at this as Luke glared at me. I suddenly got a call from Stacey. I picked up on the first call.

"Yeah?" I asked as I excused myself and opened the verandah door. There was a patio with lounges and a table with glass surrounding it. Below was a large pool. I walked up to the glass and leaned my arm on it.

"Oh its lovely to see you too Lana"

Behind me I heard a door click shut and Luke soon joined me and rested his arms on the glass as he stared at the pool, and thankfully with a shirt on.

I rolled my eyes. "Cut the bull Stacey, what's up?"

She sighed. "Can we move our workout to Monday?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I have something to tell you, and I think you'd want to let out some steam" she sounded concerned.

"Okay, but what about our Starbucks?" I asked.

"Do it on Tuesday night?" She suggested.

"Ok, see you then" I agreed and hung up.

I turned to Luke to see him staring at me. He was looking closely at my face. "Are you stalking me now?" I asked looking away from him.

Amusement shone in his eyes. "No, my mom wanted to to see if you got lost"

"In the pool?" I asked looking for places I would've gotten lost in. Maybe the bush?

He shook his head in amusement. "I'm beginning to think she's trying go get us together"

Silence overtook us. A comfortable one. I then realised just how close I was to him. His arm was just touching mine, radiating warmth through me. I could smell his masculine scent.

"It's hard to believe you work out" he spoke.

I gave him a pointed look. "Eavesdropping now are we?"

He didn't answer so I went on. "Yeah I workout every Tuesday at the local gym just around the corner"

He nodded. "I do too. How come I've never seen you around?"

I shrugged. "Maybe we're there at different times"

There was a cough behind us. We hadn't realised but Maya had opened the door. "I'm truly sorry for interrupting your moment but lunch is ready" she grinned and shut the door.

I started making my way to the door. "Your sister is the biggest pain in the butt"

He gave me a look. "Hey, she's your friend too"

"Can't argue with that"

(A/N)
How was this chapter? Thoughts on Luke's mom trying to get Luke and Lana together. Any ship name suggestions?

Updating soon.
Remember to comment and vote.
~ Ashley.