Chapter 17 | Too slow

C H A P T E R  1 7
| T O O  S L O W |
L A N A

I slung my bag around my shoulder with Luke beside me. Tonight was my first tutoring session with Luke. And fun would be an understatement.

"So have you heard the rumours lately?" He asked.

I frowned. "What rumours?"

The only rumours I recall is the one about Mike spreading the lie that he sleeps with me every night.

He immediately scolded himself. "You haven't heard?"

"No"

"If I tell you, promise me you won't go angry" he gave me a look.

I sighed. "For crying out loud just tell me"

"Mike's been saying you begged for his forgiveness at the party and that you begged him to sleep with you" he rushed out waiting for my expression.

I took in a deep breath and faked a smile.

He frowned. "Your not angry?"

"Nope, just let me take care of something" I stormed off towards the guys locker rooms. I could faintly hear him call my name but I kept walking off.

I slammed the door open and nearly knocked out a guy. The locker rooms had two long benches with locker bays surrounding them. At the end was showers. The guys were all shirtless with towels drooping from their waists. The steam made everything feel hot. The guys all stared at me as I stormed up to Mike who was talking to a friend and drinking his Powerade.

Mike looked surprised to see me. "Lana?"

"Yes it's me. I'm hearing your spreading more rumours about me. That I supposedly begged for forgiveness at the party last night and tried to sleep with you?" I put on a blank expression and smiled sweetly at him.

He looked around the change rooms and every guys attention was solemnly on us. He leaned behind him and murmured to his friend. "she's such a try hard"

I knew I wasn't supposed to hear it but I'm pretty sure everyone heard it. I was disgusted at him. He turned back around to me. I quickly snatched the Powerade off him and undid the lid.

"Mike, hasn't your mother ever told you not to lie? Because it turns out I wasn't even at the party last night. And you know what the sad thing is? That you called me exactly two nights ago begging to get back together with me" everyone snickered at Mike as he clenched his jaw. I turned back around to face Mike. "And Mike; your an asshole" I finished by pouring the Powerade on him. He stood there as everyone in the change room watched and laughed at Mike who stood there pathetically.

I walked past him and out of the change rooms and realised most of the guys caught it on video. Great, I swear if my mother sees this I might just die.

I grabbed Luke's arm who stood there raising a brow rather amused. "I said not to get angry"

He unlocked his car door and I hopped in the opposite side.

He started the engine and drove off. 

"I didn't get angry" I said innocently.

To be honest I got annoyed, not so much angry.

He resisted the urge to snort. "Please, you storming into the guys locker room and basically roasting Mike and then poured Powerade on him" he glanced at me.

"Well that doesn't mean I'm angr-" I stopped mid sentence and frowned. "How the hell do you know that? I swear you didn't follow me in there"

He simply smirked. "Try looking all over Instagram and Facebook" before his smirk disappeared. "All if this shit is entertaining, but your mom's going to eventually find out about the video"

"So? It's not like I was doing anything bad. I was just speaking the truth. She can't yell at me for that" I argued back whilst trying to convince myself. "Shit what if she finds out and realised I haven't changed a single bit and ships me off to a boarding school by tomorrow" I rambled on.

Luke didn't look worried at all. He was just sitting there calmly with a blank stare on. "Calm down. Your mother hopefully isn't going to find out" He assured me.

"Ok" I calmed down before turning to him. "How much percent do you mean saying she'll hopefully never find out"

He weighed the options.  "5 percent she'll never find out"

I sighed and stared at the road. "5 percent is good enough for me"

**

I tried getting up but there was an arm draped around my shoulder stopping me from moving. The sun shined through the curtains making me squint my eyes.

I then realised I wasn't in my bed. I was in Luke's bed. And he was next to me. I slept with Luke. I then realised how weird that sounds. I actually didn't sleep with him but I slept with him. I groaned at the thought of explaining this to Maya as she's probably already seen us. I looked at the clock beside the bed and it read 8:37.

"Shit" I cursed and tried waking up Luke.

"Luke" I yelled in his ear. That was possibly the worst idea to wake someone up.

He immediately flinched and turned away as he landed on the ground in a loud thump. He groaned as I snickered at him.

It was hard to deny that he looked really good. His bright green eyes glistened from the reflecting sun. And his hair was touseled making him look cute and sexy at the same time.

He glared at me. "What the hell Lana. You don't just scream at someone"

I ignored his comment. "Check the time"

He saw the time and his eyes widened. "Fuck. We must've fallen asleep whilst studying. We're leaving in 5" he scrambled up and grabbed his clothes quickly changing into jeans and a white shirt.

Our homework still lay all over the bed. We had studied the whole night and fell asleep after. My brain was still aching. I think I know more knowledge than Albert Einstein. Probably not actually..

I eyed the bathroom door as he started walking to it. "Oh no you don't" I warned him.

He simply smirked and walked calmly to the bathroom door.

I lunged from the bed, me toppling on him making us both fall over. He lay on the ground on his stomach whilst I lay on top of him. "Sorry not sorry" I smirked as I hopped off him and made my way to the door.

My smile dissapeared as he grabbed hold of my foot and I came tumbling down. I groaned from the floor as Luke laughed as he made his way to the door gleefully.

Whilst he was passing me I took hold if his pants and pulled them down. He was caught off guard as he pulled them back up. Don't worry, he still had boxers on underneath. I'm not that much of a pervert. I raced to the door and took hold of the door.

He glared at me once he had successfully pulled up his pants. I smiled at him. "Too slow" and shut the door, locking it.

(A/N)
Thoughts on the chapter? Especially on Lana's first tutoring session? Do you think she's changing or it's rather impossible for her to change?

Updating soon.
Remember to comment and vote.
~ Ashley