Chapter 48 | I love you

C H A P T E R  4 8
| I  L O V E  Y O U |
L A N A

I knocked on their door hoping that Luke would open it, or even Maya would be great. I needed to explain myself.

I felt tired and like I've been dragged through hell and back.

My parents didn't even bother saying goodbye to me as they both left early to work.

Even my dad didn't. And I don't know what I ever did to him.

I rubbed my eye in tiredness. I hadn't slept the whole night. I couldn't. All of these thoughts ran through my head. I wanted to take revenge on Charlotte but I realised it wouldn't change a thing. I'd still be leaving and Charlotte would still stay here. The only difference is that my mom would hate me more. I was so tired that I chucked on random clothes and didn't bother to put anything on my face.

I fiddled nervously with the letter in my hand.

The door opened and Maya stood there.

She had a contrast of suspicion and anger crossing her features.

"Look I'm sorry, I need to go to the airport soon or I'll miss my fight but I had to stop here. Is Luke here?" I asked getting straight to the point.

She frowned. "Your leaving?"

I didn't answer but she already knew. "Why are you leaving? You have to explain yourself" she rambled on.

"What's the point?" I asked throwing my hands up in the air having enough. "Everyone here hates me for something I didn't do and my parents basically want to disown me. So there is nothing left here for me" I explained in all honesty bursting from anger.

I wasn't angry at Maya. I was angry at Charlotte, my parents and last night's events.

"After what happened last night, I'm glad to be starting fresh" I continued admitting the truth.

She shook her head at me not agreeing. "You said so yourself, you can't keep running, it'll just follow you back"

"And I'll deal with it later. I'm not staying when no one wants me here" I avoided eye contact looking everywhere but her.

She stood there conflicted. "I want you here" she replied in a small voice.

I ran my hand through my hair. "All you need to know is that I didn't do it, stay away from Charlotte she's trouble" I warned her.

I couldn't let Charlotte ruin another girls life.

I remembered the letter in my hand as I held it infront of Maya. "Please give this to Luke, he doesn't need to speak to me, but I need him to read this"

Maya stared at the letter hesitantly. Luke must've told her he wanted nothing to do with me.

"Please" I pleaded her.

She took it and held it in her hands.

She pulled me in for a hug as I hugged her back, taken off guard at the start.

I felt thankful that I had someone like Maya, the only person that didn't want me to leave and still cares for me. I lost everyone else. Because I was too vulnerable and I trusted Charlotte.

"I believe that you didn't do it. I would beg you to stay but I know your unhappy here and as your best friend I want you to be happy" she sighed sadly. "I'm gonna miss you so much"

I pulled away as tears welled up in her eyes.

I laughed. "Stop it, your gonna make me cry. I'll be back in a year"

"A years a long time" she replied back.

"Promise me you'll text everyday?" She asked.

I nodded as I pulled away. "Of course, I guess I'll see you next year" I gave her a last look before turning away and walking back to my car.

I only hope that Luke will read the letter and forgive me.

**

Special part:
Luke's POV

I heard a light knock on my door.

I opened my eyes fully to see the sun shining through my curtains as I didn't realise how late it was.

I hated the fact that Lana cheated on me.

I knew I shouldn't skip to conclusions but she hasn't denied it yet. No calls or texts to confirm it. So I have the right to assume.

The door opened as they sat on the edge of my bed. Maya gave me a small smile saddened by my state.

She handed me a letter.

"Who is it from?" I asked frowing.

She debated whether to tell me or not. "Lana"

I immediately looked elsewhere not taking the letter.

She sighed. "I know you don't want to hear from her but she deserves to be listened to" she said softly before dropping the letter on my bed and leaving shutting the door behind her.

I tired got up and ran my hand through my hair debated whether or not to open the letter.

Before I could change my mind I grabbed the letter and opened it.

Luke,

I'm sorry.

I know those two words don't mean much but I truly am. I'm not sorry for what happened last night because I didn't do anything. I went to the party but I didn't kiss nor look at any guy except you. I never lied to you from the beginning and I'm still not. I need you to trust me on this.

But I am sorry for doing this to you. You came for a new start and I took it away from you. I dragged you into this mess for my selfish needs.

I love you. Never said it before as I didn't realise until I lost you. I know that people say you can't love someone after knowing them for such a short time but I can't deny my feelings.

By now, I'm either at the airport or have already left. My flight leaves at 12 mid day. I'll wait till 11:40 for you to come and see me one last time. If you don't, I'll leave you alone for good. No texts, and no more messages.

If your not coming, well I guess this is goodbye. Do me a favour and live a little while I'm gone.

Goodbye West, I love you.

I inhaled sharply as I read the last sentence.

She's leaving.

And there's nothing I could do to stop it.

(A/N)
Sorry took me a while to write this.
Anyway anyone sad about this? Surely Charlotte will get her payback soon am I right?

One more chapter and an additional epilogue.

Updating soon.
Remember to comment and vote.
~ Ashley.