Chapter 6

"Sweet lady (Would you be my)
Would you be my (Sweet love for)
Sweet love for a lifetime? (A lifetime)
I'll be there (I'll be there) when you need me
Just call and receive me
Sweet lady (Would you be my)
Would you be my (Sweet love for)
Sweet love for a lifetime? (A lifetime)
I'll be there (I'll be there) when you need me
Just call and receive me."
Tyrese "Sweet Lady"

Ashanti

"Can you please allow me to put this blindfold on you? Trust me on this." August pleaded with me after I initially refused by the shaking of my head.

"Why?" Could this have been his plan from the jump; to make me fall for him and attempt to kill me when I least expect it? I may be talking crazy, but he's acting a little suspicious.

"Where we're going is a surprise and I know that if I tell you to keep your eyes closed, you're going to try to sneak a peek."

"Okay, I accept." I threw my hands up in surrender. I stood beside his car in my favorite velvet dress and remained still as he covered my eyes with the soft scarf.

"Don't mess up my hair."

"You'll still look beautiful even if your hair looks like you just got electrocuted or a bird is building a nest in it." I couldn't help but smile. He helped me get into his Range without injuring myself from the temporary lack of sight. He even buckled me in.

I pray that nothing goes wrong all night.

"Just enjoy the ride." August uttered and I bet he had a smirk on his face when he said it. He put on the radio and the slow music brought a comfortable vibe. I won't lie; I started dozing off after a while before I was woken up by the vibration of my phone, but I couldn't do anything about it. We must have been driving for at least an hour because my butt is getting sore. For the last few minutes, it feels like the car has only been going 10 miles per hour.

I hate L.A. traffic.

"We're here."

"Are you sure that we didn't cross state lines?" I heard him chuckle and get out the car. I put my leg against my door and then sensed that it was being opened.

"Grab my hand." August guided me out of the car. I held my clutch under my arm and held my phone in my left hand while giving him my right. "Thanks man." He spoke. I guess he was talking to the valet.

"Where are we?" I asked, fixing my dress.

"Just wait."

"You're making me so anxious." He continued to lead me until he made us stop walking. Something smells good.

"We're about to go up an elevator."

"Okay." I felt the elevator rise for a while before it paused. Maybe this is a hotel with a restaurant on the top floor. We walked out and he gently pulled my hand towards jazz music that was playing.

"Mr. Alsina, your table is ready."

"Thank you very much. Are you ready to take off the blindfold, Ashanti?"

"Yes." I nodded. I can't wait to see where we are. He slowly pulled the cloth from over my eyes and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.