Chapter 39

"It ain't worth telling lie
It ain't worth seeing you cry
It ain't worth ...that's why I'm right here begging you to please don't go cause
It ain't worth killing a home
It ain't worth being alone
It ain't worth that's why I'm right here begging you to please don't go baby
Please don't go
Please don't go
Please don't go
Please don't go."
Tank "Please Don't Go"

August

"N*gga wake up." I swatted at the hand that kept shaking me out of my sleep. I knew it was Usher's annoying *ss. I pulled my blanket closer to my face.

"August, we're about to land." I opened only one eye, so I could peek out the window. I saw the runway and I felt the plane, jet, or whatever you want to call it gradually getting lower.

"I can't believe we're already here. Did I really sleep the whole flight?" I stretched in my seat and yawned, realizing that my breath smells. I need to fix that.

"Yeah. We were trying to get you to play some cards with us, but nothing in this world could make you get up. You must have gotten really wasted last night." He commented, unplugging his charger from the outlet on the jet.

"Y'all were lucky. I would have cleaned out your pockets. This morning, my head was banging from my hangover. Once I came on the jet, I put my *ss to sleep." I stepped away from him for a few minutes to wash my face and brush my teeth in the bathroom.

"What happened with you and Miracle?"

"What do you mean? She was at the club with us last night?" I checked my notifications, seeing Ashanti called me last night. I didn't hear my phone ring. I must've crashed when I got to my hotel room.

"Yeah. You even left with her before the rest of us were ready to go."

"That's weird. I'll call her to find out what happened." I scratched my head.

"I hope it's not what I'm thinking." The jet came to a standstill and I picked up my two bags. We walked down the steps together.

"Man, get out of here. I'll see you around." I dapped him up and we went our separate ways. He entered a car that was waiting for him and I had someone transport me to the front.

"Don't forget your meeting with the label next week." Michael reminded me before he got off the golf cart and I nodded in response. I pulled my hoodie over my head. I couldn't deal with a bunch of screaming fans in my ear right now. Plus, the sunlight is going to hurt my eyes.

Ashanti told me to call her when I landed so she could pick me up, but I didn't want her to go through all that stress. Twenty minutes wouldn't kill me to wait for my Uber to arrive. Maybe I should get some coffee to wake me up. I'm hungry too.

When I reached the carpool loop, I saw a red Lambo pull up in front of me, but I didn't recognize it. I kept my head to avoid being recognized. The driver came out looking like a chauffeur wearing one of those hats you see painters wear in Europe. Oh yeah, they're called berets. I wear them and I couldn't even remember the name. I really got f*cked up last night because I can't even think straight until now. When he lifted his head, I realized that it was Chris.