Chapter 56

"Uh, ooh, there's something about
Kind of woman that can do for herself
I look at her and it makes me proud
It's something about her
It's something, ooh, so sexy about
Kind of woman that don't even need my help
She said she got it, she got it, no doubt (she said she got it, she got it, no doubt)
It's something about her (there's something about her)."
Ne-Yo "Miss Independent"

Ashanti

"Teyana, my ear feels clogged." I hate when that happens. This week has been terrible with only some good moments. Last Sunday, I got this cold and I think it was this guy I was sitting next to at church that gave it to me, sneezing like every 10 seconds. Those tissues were piling up like the tall hills of trash at a landfill.

I guess it was my fault for not arriving to church on time. I had to sit all the way in the back.

When I get sick, it's like the end of the world for me. Every part of my body develops its own sickness. My back aches, my head hurts, and my eyes itch. I tried all kinds of remedies to get rid of the early symptoms, so my boss wouldn't notice on Monday.

The same way I went into that hospital, the same way I came out.

My boss told me to go home and get some rest because I looked like a zombie. I was glad for the time off, but I wanted to save my sick time hours for a future vacation or something.

Oh well.

I'm just glad I'm better now. My runny nose is finally gone. It reminded me of when I was small and I would lick the snot as it came down.

I mean, I don't do that now but y'all can't front and say you never did that.

You guys may have noticed me talking to Teyana.

Well, she had baby Junie or as she is formally known Tayla Shumpert on December 16, 2015 at home as Iman delivered her himself. Unfortunately, they moved to Cleveland soon after. Iman won a championship with his team and a few months ago, the Cavs traded him to the Sacramento Kings. The beautiful family is back in Cali even though Sacramento is like 5-6 hours away from L.A.

Iman and Teyana also had a laid back wedding with the crew looking like it joined a biker gang.

Everybody is basically moving all the way up. Royalty and Junie are getting bigger everyday, Chris and Karrueche are engaged, Vanessa and Rotimi had a baby: baby boy Seven, and Jhene and Sean are expecting their own baby very soon.

Every time I say Royalty's name, I act like it's Kendrick's song Loyalty and say 'Royalty, Royalty, Royalty'. I just love her; children are so precious.

For August and I, things haven't really changed that much. We haven't tied the knot or had any babies. We're still crazy in love and sticking by each other's side though. He's been hinting that he's going to propose soon. That's why I make sure my nails are done at every moment in time.

A rock on your finger is not going to hide a broken nail. Sometimes I put a bandaid on my nail to conceal something wrong it.