Epilouge (Part 2)

"I don't know how to feel when I'm close to you
Late nights holding you, laid my eyes on you
I'm gon' ride for you (oh yeah)
When I'm close to you, late nights holding you
We ain't got all day, don't really care what they say
It don't matter to me, it don't matter to me
Nah, it don't matter to me, nah, nah."
August Alsina "Don't Matter"

August

I snatched the headset off my head and tossed the controller to the side. I sighed, slightly pissed off. I'm just trying to play some Fornite and Queen has been getting on my nerves since this morning.

Earlier, I heard her screaming after I left her in the room because I didn't want to make too much noise. I won't lie; I start cussing and throwing sh*t every time I get killed, especially if it's after I make a dumb *ss mistake.

Me and my n*ggas keep saying the game is trash, but we keep playing.

It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I thought something was wrong with her and I took off blazing to see what was wrong. I hit my hip on the corner of the table in the game room and it felt like I got shot. My dramatic *ss shook off the pain and continued to the room to check on Ashanti.

She was like convulsing on the bed, shaking her head from side to side and tussling in the bedsheets. I quickly took hold of her body to wake her up as her eyes were closed. They fluttered open and Queen gasped like a fish that was newly taken from the water. She said:

"It was all a dream."

"What happened?" I wondered in concern, checking her temperature.

"I used to read Word Up! magazine. Salt-n-Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine." Once I realized she was playing games, I let go of her. I rose up from the bed before she pulled me back with all of her might, tryna hug me.

"Bruh, I'm not with that. I told you to stop playing these childish games." I brushed her arms off me.

"I just wanted to lay with you. If you gon have an attitude, then you can go." Here come the water works.

Ashanti laid back on the bed and turned on her side, facing away from me. She covered her entire body with the blankets. I wanted to give in so bad, but I had to make her understand that she couldn't be doing stuff like that. Besides, she should be thinking about fixing that breath before coming on to me in the first place.

At least that temper tantrum is better than her acting like Carmen who broke Corey's tv screen or De'arra who also broke Ken's iPhone X.

Do y'all say 10 or X? I keep saying 10; it sounds right because that's how we've been pronouncing the previous models by numbers.