Chapter 13

"Girl you should know that
I've got you on my mind
Your secret admirer
Girl I've been watchin' you (you, you)
Can't get enough of (you, you)
Can't get enough of you (of you)."
Pitbull ft. Lloyd "Secret Admirer"

Ashanti

"I don't want to go." I whined as I buried my face in my pillow. I heard small breaths near my ear and when I moved my hair out of the way, I saw it was Reese and he proceeded to lick my cheek. I smiled, running my fingers through his fur.

"Girl, it's Friday. August is not around and you can unwind after a long week at work. When was the last time you went out for a few drinks and got loose? I'm trying to help you live your life to the fullest, but you want to be a lovesick f*ck instead." Teyana uttered.

August went to Tennessee a few days ago to put the final touches on Snootie Wild's single, She's a Keeper. His album is being released on September 23rd. It's been lonely without him even though we speak to each other everyday.

"Alright, alright. I'll go the lounge with you."

"You didn't really have a choice. If you continued to prove stubborn, I would have tied you up and put you in the trunk of my car all the way to Boulevard3. I didn't get our names on the guest list for nothing."

"Whatever." Mean *ss. You should be glad that I'm off tomorrow. Like what kind of person enjoys hangovers and partying all night long? Teyana, that's who.

"Chop, chop! Go take a shower. We have to be there at 11." What?

"It's not even 8. Plus, I promised August that I would call him before 8:30."

"You're acting like August is your boss. He's just an annoying dude we both know." She replied.

"I'll make sure to deliver your message to him." I rushed to my bathroom and shut the door before she could catch me. She's learned to warm up to him. I understand that she was trying to be protective because we're basically sisters and she's the only family I've got. Auggie is kind of like an older brother to her. He says that he's not intimidated by Teyana, but I know that he is lowkey scared of her.

"Tattletale!" She yelled through the door.

Two and a half hours later, I am fully dressed and have my makeup done. I unplugged my curling wand after finishing the last strand of hair. I walked to the living room to find Teyana ready to go as she watched reruns of Love and Hip Hop. I made sure Reese had enough food and water in his bowls for while we're gone. I'm ready to go and get this over with. As you can see, I'm not much of a party person.

"B*tch, you look good! Your face is glowing, you look happy, and your booty looks ready to bounce up and down like a trampoline." I gave her a stale face. She is too turnt up right now. Iman should pay me because I already know that I have to babysit Teyana tonight to make sure she makes it home tonight.

"Let's go." I dragged her out the house, but not before blowing a kiss to my baby. Once we got in the car, I cranked up the A/C because I was sweating for some reason. I swear, sometimes I'm sweating and out of breath from just walking from the front door to the driveway.

"Did you call August?" Teyana asked.

"Yeah, but he didn't answer, so I just sent him a text message."

"His bum *ss was probably sleeping. I think the time is two hours ahead over there though."

"That could explain it." I sighed and drifted deep into my thoughts, missing August even more.