Chapter 40

"Ooh I've gotta be out my mind
To think it's gonna work this time
A part of me wants to leave
But the other side still believes
And it kills me to know how much
I really love you
So much I wanna oh ho to you ho ho
And it kills me (kills me)
To know how much
I really love you (how much, how much I love you)
So much I wanna oh ho to you ho ho."
Melanie Fiona "It Kills Me"

Ashanti

"Alright, I'll see you later." I sighed as I ended my phone call with August and laid back on my messy bed. To be honest, it's not disorganized because there are clothes or snacks on it. I just hate fixing the bed in the morning and have to move the comforter and pillows at night. It breaks my heart a little since it looks so beautiful.

Anyway, I haven't completely forgiven August. I've been thinking about our relationship these past few days; whether I should stay with him or find someone better. People always say once a cheater, always a cheater, but I don't think that's for everybody.

Lust conquered him at his moment of weakness and at least he told me his wrongs the next day. If I wanted a perfect man, I would be searching every inch of this earth for the rest of my life. August isn't a bad person; the entire time we've been together, he's been amazing except for the few times of him being jealous, but that's not really a problem. It just shows that he cares.

If God can forgive a sinner, why can't I forgive August for making a mistake? However, he has to earn my trust before I can say we're good.

He has one more chance. If he fucks up again, I'm cutting him off and beating the hell out of that b*tch he slept with or even kissed.

So this morning, Auggie sent me photos of him blocking Miracle on all his social media platforms and deleting her phone number.

Wow! I was so impressed that he knew how to use his phone.

Haha! I'm terrible. I mean, that's a first step, but that girl can find other ways to see him. August simply needs to know how to comport himself around her. I told him that he's not putting his lips on mine until he gets tested. I'm not saying he has something, but a girl who can sleep with a taken man can sleep with anyone. He practically begged me to go out for lunch at 2 today. Like did I tell him that I was hungry or couldn't afford to pay for my food?

"Queen! Are you ready?" Teyana yelled.

"Yeah. Let's go." I grabbed my bag, keys, and phone. When I walked out of the room, I saw her taking selfies and checking herself out in the hallway mirror.