Chapter 26

"You help me to discovery me
I just want you to put trust in me
I kind of laugh when you cuss at me
The aftermath is you touching me
It's destiny to we connected girl
You and I we can affect the world
I'm tired of the fast lane
I want you to have my last name."
Common ft. Mary J. Blige "Come Close"

Ashanti

"Are you trying to stand up? I should record this for your mommy and daddy." I told Aiden, who was wobbling on his feet and holding on to my thighs, crouched over like he was stretching.

I'm babysitting on Thanksgiving because Aimée is working and Adam has the flu. Since he's highly contagious, this cutie pie is staying with me until further notice; fortunately, I'm on vacation. I have to use these hours before they're gone by the end of the year. Teyana and Iman went to his parents' house for dinner. I'm alone with Aiden and Reese, who is chewing on one of his toys.

My phone started ringing as I was filming Aiden and I saw that it was a FaceTime call from August. I sat Aiden down on my lap, so he could he could see August pop up on the screen.

 I sat Aiden down on my lap, so he could he could see August pop up on the screen

"Hey, baby. Is that Aiden? What's up, little homie?" Aiden clapped his hands and started speaking in a language neither of us could understand.

"Hey, Auggie. How are you doing?"

"Alright, I guess." He sneezed and wiped his nose with the back of his hand

"Bless you and make sure you wash your hands after. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving! Are y'all going out to eat?"

"Yeah, at probably Golden Corral or something. I would rather eat with you instead. I can imagine all the food you must be cooking right now."

"I'm not really making a big meal since I'm alone. I'm going to give some to Aimée—." He interrupted me.

"What do you mean? Where is the crew at?"

"With their families. Where else would they be?" I asked, while laughing.

"None of them had the courtesy to invite you for dinner? They all are fake as f*ck. I'm going to—."

"August, calm down. They offered, but I respectfully declined because I didn't want to intrude."

"You shouldn't be alone on a day like this."

"August, please. It's not that big of a deal. I have my two babies right here." I tickled Aiden and he giggled in response. I rubbed Reese's stomach as he rolled on his back from side to side.

"I'm serious. Make you lock all the doors and get something to protect yourself."

"Why?" What is wrong with him?