Chapter 16

"First thing's first, I does what I do
But everything I am she's my improve
I'm already bossin, I'm already fly
But if I'm a star, she is the sky
A-A-A-And when I feel like I'm on top
She-She-She-She give me reason then I stop
And-And-And-And-And-And though I'm hot
To-To-To-Together we burn it up."
Fabolous ft. Ne-Yo "Make Me Better"

Chris

"Did you put the Cabernet Sauvignon in the freezer yet?"

"Sh*t. I almost forgot." Karrueche likes her wine chilled, but I'll drink it either way.

"Well, the food is done. I just have to put the cream cheese frosting on the cake. I've been waiting for it to cool down forever." Ashanti said. Tonight is the night that K is finally free and I told her that I had a surprise for her. I—well, Ashanti cooked dinner for us as a favor in exchange for one of my paintings. It's not our anniversary, but I want to do something nice for my girl. Ashanti looked at me up and down, probably wondering why I still had my sweats. I'm curious to know too.

"Go take a shower! You act slow sometimes."

"Okay, okay. Why do you have to be so mean?" Ashanti tried to hit me with the spatula in her hand and I dodged her, using my dance moves. I knew that they would come in handy for things other than music videos and live performances. I pinched her arm before scurrying away to my room.

"I am so handsome." I looked at myself in the full length mirror, running my fingers through my curls before sitting my hat onto my head. I went back downstairs to see Ashanti placing the cake on top of the island in the center of the kitchen. After that, she got her bag as she was ready to bounce.

"I need to go home and get ready for work. I start at 11."

"Did you tell August?"

"Even if I didn't, he couldn't stop me from going. August does not pay my bills." She replied with a little attitude.

"Yes, Miss Sassy Pants." I clapped obnoxiously in her face, while she giggled. She hugged me before walking out the door.

"Bye Chris. Have fun, but not too much."

"Thanks a lot, bestie."

"No problem." I checked the time and it was 8:54. Karrueche should be here any minute since I told her to be here at 9. Sometimes she comes a few minutes late just to say she was fashionably late. I can't wait to see what she's going to be wearing. I told her sexy, but classy at the same time.

She always looks good, so I shouldn't worry.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
Karrueche

"I'm ready to go." I puckered up my lips after applying some of my Vanilla Carmex and topping it with my Always Red Sephora lipstick. I kept the rest of my makeup simple tonight. I got out of my car and straightened out my dress. When I reached the front door, I saw the curtain shift and I knew that Chris was watching me the whole time through the window. He opened the door before I could even knock.

"Wow. You look gorgeous with your hair straight since it's usually curly. Your eyes are shining in the moonlight and your dress compliments your sexy curves. I love it." My cheeks flushed at his words as he drooled over my appearance. He always finds a way to make me feel like the only girl in the world, even though he can get on my damn nerves once in a while.