Chapter 36

"And you're needin' somebody to talk to (I can see it in your eyes)
Girl, I can tell he's been lyin' (I can tell he's been lyin')
And pretendin' that he's faithful and he loves you (I can see it in the way you move)
Girl, you don't have to be hidin' (I've been where you are)
Don't you be ashamed to say he hurt you (I know what you're feelin', girl)
I'm your girl, you're my girl, we're your girls
We want you to know that we love ya."
Destiny's Child "Girl"

Ashanti

"Here you go." I poured food and water into Reese's bowls. I know he's a little upset with me for using the vacuum, but I needed to clean the carpet. I usually do it after I drop him off at the groomers, but I wanted to come home to a clean house after a long day out on the road. I rubbed behind his ears; he'll get over it.

I met Miracle the other day and she's alright. I don't see anything that I have to be worried about, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled. The girls thought I was crazy to allow Auggie to be friends with her, but he's a grown man. If he cheats on me with her, I'll know he wasn't mine from the beginning. Men cheat because it's in their selfish nature. That doesn't mean there aren't a few good ones still out there.

My man is back on tour, making the overseas Alsina Nation very happy. He'll be back before the end of March for good...until the next tour, which will probably take place next year since he's gonna release his next album in a few months.

"Good morning!" Teyana came into the kitchen, chirpier than ever. Must have been that good d*ck she got last night. I don't mind a couple showing love between the sheets; just keep it down, so I don't have to stay up all night or go to his crib. Shoot, considering how big his house is, T's screams would bounce off the walls and scare away any ghosts lurking in the shadows. I wouldn't be surprised if she's about to tell me that she's pregnant.

"Morning. Someone looks very happy. What's the secret?"

"Guess."

"You won the lottery."

"No."

"You're pregnant."

"Maybe, but that's not it." I still haven't gotten checked out.

"You quit your job and started modeling." She gasped.

"How did you know? I bet Iman spilled the beans."

"You always liked it a little more than journalism, but you didn't have the confidence to pursue modeling."

"You know me so well. So, I'm going to have the amazing Sasha Samsonova make a portfolio for me to present to magazines and modeling agencies. They'll be like previews, so that recruiters can see how I look in photographs before they book me for gigs."

"I know what a portfolio is. I've seen America's Next Top Model." I playfully rolled my eyes. Teyana looked at me longingly like she was waiting for me to say something else.

"What do you want?" I was loading up the dishwasher and about to go take a shower. I know she wants something; she always does.

"Well, I wanted to know if you could go with me." Teyana had a pout on her face.

"I have plans today, so I can't go. I have to take Reese out for a touch up and to make some new friends." You should have seen her face! She looked in disbelief that I was choosing a dog over her. I wouldn't do that even if we became enemies. Reese is still my little baby though.