Chapter 12

"The night is still young
The night is still young
And so are we
The night is still young (How dare we sit quietly)
The night is still young (And watch the world pass us by)
The night is still young (How dare we sit quietly)
So are we."
Nicki Minaj "The Night Is Still Young"

August

Bowling was better than I expected. I might take Ashanti there again for a date with just the two of us. Teyana and Iman had to leave because they had a plane to catch tomorrow morning for an interview. The food at IHOP was bomb, but I would have went ham if we went to Popeyes. Somehow, we got kicked out. Yeah, you probably already know the reason why; Chris's foolishness. At least I got a good laugh out of it and finished my food before we left.

Here's what happened.

"Breezy, let me get some of your hash browns." Rotimi reached over the table with his fork, ready to take them from his plate.

"No, fool! You should have got your own." Chris smacked his hand away, but that didn't stop Rotimi.

"Man, just help another brother in the struggle of feeding his belly." Rotimi said and ate the hash browns he took from Chris's plate.

"You better give me my food back or you're going to catch these hands! I won't hold back." Chris shouted in Rotimi face. Rotimi looked unfazed.

"Bring it on." These goofy n*ggas really got up and squared up. They had their hands up like they were ready to throw blows in a boxing ring. The rest of us were laughing at the table, just watching them until the waitress came over.

"Can you please keep it down? You're disturbing the other customers."

"Yes, we can, but you should have came at us differently than your weave bring all stiff like that. You probably got it from Walmart." Chris was cracking on her heavy.

"Excuse me? Don't try me; this is Malaysian weave that cost me over $200." She moved closer to Chris's face.

"That was a bad investment." I mumbled under my breath, but Ashanti heard me and slapped my arm while chuckling.

"Child, you have dragon breath. Here, I have some gum and mints. Which one do you want?"

"How dare—?" The waitress was about to pounce on him when K got in the middle of them.

"You better not try it." Sadly, she didn't listen. Her stiff weave was probably clogging up her eardrums.

The girls, except for Ashanti, launched an attack on the enemy. Okay, okay; your boy is being a little too dramatic, but they started a food fight, throwing their leftovers at her. When some of the food got on each other, they switched course and began tuning each other's clothes and hair.

Hey, girls just wanna have fun.

The boys followed behind with their drinks. Hell nah, better not get me wet. My baby literally had tears coming out from her eyes from the nonstop laughing. But I got something for her.

"Oh, Ashanti." I picked a bottle of ketchup from the table, aiming it at her and she became frozen like a statue.

"August, don't." She slowly got up, trying to move somewhere else where she could find cover.