Chapter 55

"Now wait a minute, y'all
This dance ain't for everybody
Only the sexy people
So all you fly mothers, get on out there and dance
Dance, I said!]
Salt and Pepa's here, and we're in effect
Want you to push it, babe
Coolin' by day then at night working up a sweat
C'mon girls, let's go show the guys that we know
How to become number one in a hot party show
Now push it."
Salt-N-Pepa "Push It"

Ashanti

"What are you doing?" I nearly jumped at August's voice as I rushed to pull up my pants. I was originally going to wear a black dress, but I felt like it was too short and revealing for today's occasion.

"Just adding some finishing touches." I lied, running my comb through my bone straight hair. I could see August eating a green apple in the mirror as he moved to the foot of the bed, behind me to my right.

"I saw you put something on after your panties before you pulled your bottoms up." Boy, stop talking with your mouth full. You have juices dripping everywhere.

"Why were you watching me?" I asked.

"It's not like I haven't seen you naked before. You're hiding something from me."

"No, I'm not

"No, I'm not. Look, it's not that serious. It's almost time for us to go." I sat onto the bed to put my sandals on, sort of turning my body away from to adjust the front of the spandex I put on and to make sure there weren't any lumps.

"Let me see then." He demanded, ignoring every word I just uttered. F*ck no.

"We have to go. Teyana must be waiting for me right now at the house." I got up and walked around August to go to the living room; well, I tried to before he blocked my way.

"Are you pregnant?" He put his hand on my stomach, rubbing on it in circles. I swatted his hand away especially because I didn't want him dirtying my dress.

"I mean, my boobs feel tender, I'm going to the bathroom more frequently, and my stomach is kind of bulging out." August looked into my eyes in shock. "Of course I'm not pregnant! I would have to have the three letter word first for that to happen." I swear August acts so stupid sometimes. Is he trying to say that I've been cheating on him?

So, let me tell y'all what happened last time. Ooouuu child, you would've thought an earthquake was happening with the way my legs were shaking. August showed me exactly what his tongue is capable of, making me suspect that he was lying when he told everyone that he's never gone down on a woman before. We didn't go all the way, but we did some other things.