Chapter 24

"Girl, you just dey blow my, blow my mind
Blow my mind (Yeah, yeah)
Your body dey blow my, blow my mind
Blow my mind (Blow my mind)
Girl, you just dey blow my, blow my mind
(You, you, you, you)
Blow my mind
(You, you, you, you)
Your body dey blow my, blow my mind
Blow my mind (Blow my mind)."
Davido ft. Chris Brown "Blow My Mind"

Ashanti

"Girl, I did not like this dress when you picked out at the store but you just changed my mind. I love how it showcases your curves and the color combination is bomb. I see that little cleavage you're putting on display. August won't be able to take his eyes off you tonight. He better not be too mesmerized to remember the words." Teyana said.

"That's the plan." I winked at her through the mirror as I put on my hoop earrings and threw on my coat. God must be answering California's prayers with these on and off showers of rain. I can finally wear this thing since it's been collecting dust in the back of my closet.

August's tour finally brought him to L.A. and I bought two tickets for me and Teyana to go to the concert. Auggie said he could have got them for us, but it wasn't a big deal for me to pay for our seats.

T seems to be excited about me going to the concert as she makes sure my makeup is perfect and my breath didn't smell like the onions from my sub from earlier.

"Let me take a picture for the Gram."

"Not in my house." I covered my face, so she couldn't take the picture.

"Come on. I'm going to tag you in it."

"You know I'm not a fan of selfies or full figure pictures on social media."

"Then why do you have an Instagram?" She asked, putting her hand on her hip.

"To keep up with news, my favorite celebrities, and fashion. The number of followers I have doesn't matter that much to me, even though it would be a dream come true if I had a million. I don't have to post pictures of myself often, allowing people to have the pleasure of criticizing every fashion decision I make or making slick remarks about my weight. I like making inspirational posts to motivate other people."

"How have you not won the Nobel Peace Prize?" She asked.

"Now, you're being sarcastic."

"No, I'm not. You're too nice and think too much about other people. Just live your life as free as the birds in the sky."