Chapter 27

"Baby, I'm not always there when you call, but I'm always on time
And I gave you my all, now baby, be mine
I'm not always there when you call, but I'm always on time
And I gave you my all, now baby, be mine."
Ja Rule ft. Ashanti "Always on Time"

August

"I don't have time for this sh*t right now." I groaned. I've been puking my insides out since last night and my temperature is currently at 100 degrees.

After the show, I didn't go out with the boys because I wasn't feeling too good. So, I came back to the tour bus to get some sleep but that didn't work. I'm so cold and I know it's not the weather down here in Atlanta that's got me shivering in my boots. This fever needs to pass before we get to Orlando.

"Bro, we need to take you to the emergency room ASAP." Usher suggested.

"Hell nah. I don't need to go there with all them sick people." I retorted.

"You are sick." My manager, Michael, pointed out.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious." I said, rolling my eyes as I laid my head on the cover of the toilet seat.

"If you won't listen to us, I know who to call to get your *ss up." Usher pulled out his phone, going to dial a number.

"No, n*gga!" I snatched the phone out of his hand. I know he was about to call Ashanti. He always calling her to talk about me. August is sad, August isn't eating, August has a headache, and all that other stuff. I don't want her to find out that I'm sick. She'll drop everything she's doing to come down here to nurse me back to health. Haha, get it?

"August, give me the phone. She can help us find a solution to this problem since you don't want to the hospital." Michael reasoned with me.

"Man, alright." I handed Usher his phone back and got up from the floor with the help of Michael. He brought me back to my bunk bed. We're supposed to be leaving tonight, so we can book a hotel for the next few days in Orlando.

"I feel sleepy as hell." I began fighting to keep my eyes open.

"Go to sleep, August. Just make sure it's not forever because your family will kill us, especially your Momma. She told that she didn't want to lose another one."

"Yeah, yeah." I could barely wave Michael off as I dozed off under the warm blanket, hoping my chills would go away.

"Baby. Baby. Baby." My eyes fluttered open and they had to adjust to the sunlight shining through the window.

" My eyes fluttered open and they had to adjust to the sunlight shining through the window

"Queen?" I sat up, realizing that my girl was right in front of me.

"Are you okay? I was so worried about you." She felt my forehead and examined me from head to toe.