Chapter 64

"Who would've known, that you have to go
So suddenly, so fast
How could it be that sweet memories
Would be all, all that we have left?
Now that you're gone, every day I go on (I go on)
But life's just not the same (Life's just not the same)
I'm so empty inside, and my tears I can't hide
But I'll try, I'll to face the pain."
Brandy ft. Tamia, Gladys Knight & Chaka Khan "Missing You"

Ashanti

They say when it rains on the day of someone's funeral, it means that the person is going to heaven. I don't know if it's true or not, but that would bring some comfort to the families and friends whose loved ones have passed away.

Stephanie's burial is next week and her husband came back on emergency leave. Their son was left in the hands of his grandparents awaiting his return.

But today is the day we bury one of our own.

The service starts at 10 and we're waiting for the limo to come pick us up at Auggie's place. I'm just tired of losing the people I love because of one ex factor: Brandon.

Me finding out the truth behind Brandon's actions and that he was the one who killed my parents doesn't make me feel the slightest bit better.

I always wanted to find out, but the police said they couldn't find any leads to the case and the trail went cold after a while. Knowing it was someone I used to think was my friend, only makes me feel stupid for trusting him.

Brandon's mother is also having his memorial service today. She invited me like we were friends and I would actually go. No parent deserves to bury their child, but do not expect me to attend the funeral of a murderer who has had the quest of ruining my life for his selfish desires.

The only reason why I would say I have forgiven him is because of God, so he can forgive me of my sins.

I heard the girls running up and down the hallway, playing tag. Vanessa, Karrueche, and Teyana decided it would be better if the girls stayed home, while we went to the funeral. I didn't say anything, before people will start saying that I'm telling them how to raise their children.

I do agree with their decision though because they're little and wouldn't understand what is happening. The sad mood would just upset them, but they will wonder where Lamont is after a while.

Monty was like a laid back uncle, always bringing them something whether it was candy, a toy, a book, or a dollar to put into their small piggy banks. They'll probably miss tea time with him the most where he would dress like a princess with a tiara on top of those curls. The boys always volunteered him and he didn't mind that much.

He would've been a great father for sure. We had this joke where he would name the girl Lamonta. It really isn't that bad once you sleep on it.

For me, I like names such as Elle from the Ace Family and Phoebe from Friends.

I wonder why we never called him Chance though. Lamont was always cool with Monty.

One thing I could say he always did that was disgusting is picking his nose and eating the boogers, calling it good for the soul.

So, I got released from the hospital three days ago and when I got to August's house, well 'our' house according to him, my things were already here. It's not the way I wanted to move in, but when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.