Chapter 42

"You had your chance (had your chance)
But you threw it all away (yes, you did)
Thought you had my love always
Oh baby, I don't understand
How you think that we could stay
In total unhappiness (unhappiness)
Never imagined you would be a faded picture
I'm emotional (I'm emotional)
It's so believing, your deceiving, it's official
I'm emotional (it's official, I'm emotional)."
Faith Evans ft. Carl Thomas "Can't Believe"

Ashanti

I opened the front door, so I could leave the house to go to work after my boss asked if I could come in. I have nothing better to do; Teyana has been sleeping all day and Reese is at daycare. It's not really a daycare, it's more like a resort for dogs.

I only bring him there like once a month to give him like a mini vacation. I don't want to smother him too much by doing everything with him. He shouldn't have to be in the house, on the road, or under my supervision 24/7. Reese can relax and play with other puppies all day until he gets tired. The Wags Club closes at 9. I'll go pick him up near 7 since I'll only be at work for about 4 or 5 hours today.

There was a black Range Rover parked next to my car and I groaned in annoyance. He does this everyday like he has nothing better to do. I keep dodging him by just getting in my car and driving off without saying a word, but since my Jeep is in the garage and he's blocking the garage door, I don't really have a choice. The window was rolled down, giving me a clear view of him staring me down. I won't lie...I like his hat.

August got out of his car and walked over to me

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

August got out of his car and walked over to me.

"Ashanti, I've been waiting for you to come out." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Are you dying?"

"No."

"Are you sick?"

"No."

"Then, I don't know how I'll be of any help to you. Why are you parked in front of my home?"

"I wanted to talk to you."

"Okay, you have 10 minutes." I locked the door and sat down on the far end of one of the steps. He didn't protest because he knows that he's not stepping a foot into my humble abode.

"I just want to keep it real with you. You've been the only woman I've been with for a long time. When I slept with Miracle, I felt a sense of relief because I never went that long without sex, but I felt guilty after I realized what I did. I do love you and see you as the one for me, but I'm still young and want to make sure I can stay down for you like you stay down for me." As he kept talking, my right leg increased its bouncing up and down because I was ready to spazz on his *ss. Miss me with that bullsh*t. "I'm not blaming you. I'm just saying we should test the waters until I'm ready and it's okay if you don't want to be with me ever again." I stared into a blank space, digesting what he just uttered to me. We sat in an uncomfortable silence. He kept looking at me, waiting for my response. I finally decided that enough of my time was being wasted.