Chapter 53

"Baby smile today
Cuz I been imaginin' more ways
I'm gon' luv U better
When your friends'll see you too
Just when you think there's nothin' else I can do
I'm gon' luv U better."
LL Cool J "Luv U Better"

August

This tie is getting on my f*cking nerves. I was supposed to learn how to do this when I was younger, but little Aug wasn't worried about that back then. I keep falling through with the steps, but I can't get it right. That's why I don't like wearing them. I'm doing this for my Baybeh though. I don't know where the boys are so they can help me, but I need to finish this before I go to the altar and wait for my beautiful bride, Ashanti.

I could hear the door open behind me and when I turned around, I saw Mel.

"Thank God you're here. This sh*t is irking me right you."

"You're just nervous. I came to get you because we need to get the ball rolling. We're on a tight schedule. Why are you so tense anyway? I thought Ashanti was the one." He asked while fixing my tie, which I'm most grateful for.

"She is. Our relationship has been a bumpy ride and Queen has stuck by my side through it all especially when I needed her the most. I want to make sure I treat her right and don't make her regret walking down that aisle."

"She told me that if this marriage doesn't work, she'll never tie the knot again. She'll be like Oprah; no legal papers, just a lengthy relationship with the dude."

"For real?" That's surprising. She doesn't seem like the type, especially because of the idea of fornication.

"No, I was just kidding." I stale faced him. "Look, the love you two share is what is going to keep you two together until the end. Communication is the key in any bond made by God."

"When did you become a preacher?"

"Chandra has me hooked and I never want to let her go."

"Thanks, bro. I guess it's time." I examined myself in the mirror one more time. I looked to him, so we could both leave the room, but he shook his head.

"I have to make sure the girls are straight real quick; go on ahead." He dapped me up and pulled me into a hug before I walked smoothly out of the dressing room.

It's time.

Once I reached the chapel, I could see the beautiful chandelier hanging up high on the ceiling. The pews have lavender flowers tied at the end of each row with a white ribbon.

There were people sitting patiently with smiles on their faces, whispering among themselves and watching the aisle.

I could hear the music starting to play, but as I moved to enter the aisle, I realized that there were already four guys standing by the altar.

Lamont stood in front of them in the spot I'm supposed to be in. The priest was looking straight at me, but didn't do anything at my presence. Am I invisible? What is going on here?

The bridesmaids came out one by one: Karrueche, Vanessa, and Jhene. Lastly, Teyana walked down the tile pathway as expected. I know that she's the maid of honor. I scanned the room to look for the guys and saw them sitting near the front. Something is really wrong.

The weirdest part is that I can see myself sitting next to Chris with a silver clutch bag next to my right leg. My eyes traveled up to the face of person seated by my side, but I didn't recognize her. Our hands were intertwined and I could see a ring on her finger.