Chapter 11

"Hey, hey, little Xinglan. I heard Taitai scolded you again." A teenage girl named Moyu whispered to the child next to her.

Moyu was one of the waitresses, it was her break time so she went to disturb the youngest worker among them.

"En." Lin Xinglan gave the waitress a short reply before she went back to sweeping the back room's floor.

"A little girl like you should listen to the adults and properly behave. Otherwise, don't blame the master for kicking you out." Moyu chuckled softly.

She was feeling a little jealous over the little girl beside her. Lin Xinglan had been slacking off whenever she felt like yet, she hadn't been fired by the owner Bao. If it were any other people who did the same thing, they would had already gotten fired.

The waitress poured more oil to the fire, "The master sure dotes on you, even giving you a room on the Master's floor. Luck really is on your side, but you should know your place."

Lin Xinglan stopped sweeping and looked at her as she indifferently said, "You're jesting too much. Oh, look at how time flies. Your break time is soon over, you should hurry back before you will get scolded."

Seeing how Lin Xinglan paid her no attention, she humphed and walked away. Moyu really couldn't get how the child could look so adorable yet her personality was the opposite. She just wanted to tease Lin Xinglan for fun but it backfired her.

Lin Xinglan honestly didn't care much about Moyu, she knew that the teenager was bored but that didn't mean she would just go along with her act. That would be too energy draining for her to do so, it didn't help that she had already been worn out from working.

The teahouse was closed and almost everyone working there went home, Lin Xinglan had just finished cleaning the tables. Stretching her arms, she went to owner Bao to deliver a letter. She knocked on the door leading to his study room.

She could hear the owner's voice of acknowledgement before she walked in.

"Old Bao, there's a letter for you. Here." Lin Xinglan informed the owner as she put the letter on his desk.

"I see, thank you for delivering it to me." Owner Bao opened the plain looking letter, and Lin Xinglan could notice how he narrowed his eyes when he read the letter. That piqued her curiosity.

"Old Bao, what's the letter about?" Her voice sounded more childish than usual when she asked him.

The owner looked at the little child that had curiosity showing in her eyes. He gave out a helpless sigh.

"It's a letter from a person this old one is acquainted with... It says he needed me to send him a certain painting of a map." Although the owner gave her an answer, it only forged more questions in her head. She knew it meant that it was something she shouldn't get involved with.

"Then, are you going to send it to that person?" Perhaps she was just only a child, the owner didn't mind to tell her more about it. He firmly shook his head.

"No. That map is something no one should possess, otherwise if it turns into the hands of bad people, there will be a disaster coming."

Hearing that, Lin Xinglan couldn't help but to think that the map sounded to hold a lot of importance. She became more interested in the map the owner mentioned. Who knew what kind of map it was. If it turned out to be a treasure map, her eyes wouldn't stop from turning into greed. Just having thoughts of all the treasures the map was leading to made her blood boil.

It was such a pity she could only wish and do nothing about it. Even if she had the map in her hands, she wouldn't be so naive to not know the danger lurking behind. Knowing her own limitation and incompetence, she could only shrug it off in her mind.

She didn't want to face any danger because of some maps anyways, she would only make her life harder for herself which wasn't what she planned to. She didn't have the ability to survive, she would rather stay away from danger.

"Why don't you just destroy the map if you don't want it to fall into anyone's hands?" Lin Xinglan had to ask the owner. If he did that, wouldn't all the possible chances disappear? No matter how much she thought, she couldn't find an answer.

"Little child, it isn't so simple as you think it is. If it was, I would have already destroyed it until nothing is left." Owner Bao snorted and began to practice calligraphy.

By his action, Lin Xinglan knew that he didn't want to talk about the matter any further so she could only silently leave the study room.

Lin Xinglan lazily laid on her bed, she had her face towards the ceiling. She had been thinking absently after she left the study room. Having read too many novels for her own good, she felt like the map wasn't as simple as it sounded. That was why she came to the decision to remember the map in case it would be useful to her in the future.

She was maybe too paranoid, the map could be nothing from what she had thought it would be but she didn't want to take the risk. Ignorance might be a bliss, but she knew she wasn't a lucky person so even if the map didn't have anything to do with her, she would still have it in the back of her mind.

Ending her thoughts, she put out the lights and went to sleep peacefully. After all, she needed her beauty sleep since she had to wake up early for work.