Chapter 63

After double checking her area and saw that the coast was clear, she immediately rushed out from the bush. She had to be fast and quiet to make the chance of her succeeding her plan higher. The jade box treasure was laying on the ground close to a few soldiers that were fighting, but they were too occupied with trying to defeat their opponents. It was lucky that Lin Xinglan was wearing black clothes, or else it would be hard for her to go unnoticed. Since it would take a while longer for the sun to go up, it was still dark and there were only a few of oil lamps that survived—all of them were laying carelessly on the hard ground though. No one bothered to care about them as they were in the middle of fighting and since they knew martial arts, they could see better in the dark than normal people.

When she saw the soldiers slowly moving closer to the treasure, Lin Xinglan picked up her pace and reached out to the box. Her hands had always been fast, thus, no one saw her grabbing the treasure. Having already secured her main object, Lin Xinglan quickly returned to hide behind the bush. She was relatively relieved that the jade box wasn't far away from her; she sighed and hugged it against her chest.

I... I succeeded! But that was so fucking dangerous...

Lin Xinglan was incredibly happy; she was finally able to help Qiang Jingyi. All she had to do from now on was to obediently wait behind the bush for them to finish their fight. Seeing how they defeated Qiang Jun Hei's people one by one, she was certain that it wouldn't take long for them to finish Qiang Jun Hei completely. But naturally, she didn't forget that they still had to settle with Fu Hanyu and his people.

Either way, having the jade box treasure in her hands made her relax. They didn't have to worry about it being in other's hands anymore—that was, as long as she kept it safe. Lin Xinglan was confident on keeping it safe, no one saw her action; she had made sure of it.

Bad luck would always run in her blood; it would always stick to her like glue. No matter how many good deeds she had committed, bad luck would never spare her. She wondered what she had done for her to receive such unfairness. Someone had grabbed her shoulder from behind, and she wasn't prepared for it at all. But nonetheless, her reflex had always been good so she immediately grabbed the hand and turned around. A lean man wearing armor—indicating that he belonged to Qiang Jun Hei's people—came into her sight, she frowned and quickly kicked him where the sun didn't shine.

The armored man was unprepared, he had thought he didn't need to be on guard as he was only going to handle a girl. He was originally a coward and hid among the trees. Back then, he had heard something rustling and looked over to see a quite young girl hiding behind a bush. He smirked creepily with disgusting lust showing in his eyes as he approached the girl but who knew she would kick his lower region, and she didn't hold back. The man groaned in immense pain; he was furious and wanted to kill her.

Lin Xinglan knew that the man would recover soon and chase after her; she didn't have any other choices than to reveal her location, and hope for someone on her side would notice her. She wanted to cry, why was this happening to her? She finally obtained the treasure but someone had to ruin it. And now, she had to run away crazily from that madman.

"Come back here, you little bitch!" The man held his crotch as he tried to run after her.

Lin Xinglan shuddered in fear, she firmly held onto the box and continued to run but she felt someone grab her ankle and pulled her away—this made her fall to the ground with a heavy impact. She yelped in pain. It seemed like the man was still in pain and accidentally tripped on a branch. Before he fell to the ground, he used his remaining strength and grabbed her ankle.

The man got up and smiled evilly, "I got you now, missy. Say, how should I punish you for hurting me?"

Lin Xinglan turned around and looked at the man, and when she saw the man's face, she gasped.