Chapter 46

The sound of metal being hit with another from all directions could be heard throughout the manor together with voices full of pain and agony. Two certain black and silver figures were fighting, they ignored their surroundings and only concentrated on killing each other - One was expressionless, the other was smiling. However, as they kept fighting they both couldn't help but frowning seeing how their opponent wouldn't die anytime soon.

"Don't you want to know how exactly I know Lin Xinglan?" Fu Hanyu increased his strength as he struck his sword at Qiang Jingyi's.

Qiang Jingyi's eyebrows creased before he retaliated, Fu Hanyu saw his expression and gasped in shock.

"Oh, don't tell me you didn't know her last name is Lin? That says a lot about how much you know her."

Seeing his smirk as if he mocked him for not actually knowing his Lan, Qiang Jingyi didn't say anything but he became more aggressive with his moves.

Fu Hanyu continued, "Well, when I think about it I'm not actually surprised. You know why?" He asked rhetorically as he managed to kick Qiang Jingyi in the stomach.

"Because there is no way she would tell you about herself. As much as I hate it, she and I are the same and that's a fact. Say, does it make you jealous that I know so much about her compared to you?"

Qiang Jingyi tightened his grip on the sword handle and charged at Fu Hanyu, "You talk too much."

Caught off guard over the sudden heavy blow he received, Fu Hanyu frowned and stopped talking as he became serious and charged back.

In the background, far away from them was the blonde haired foreigner, Xavier. When his young master handed the map pieces over to him, he understood that he was ordered to leave before things would become more complicated and chaotic so he stealthily got out of the manor. With his stealth, leaving without being detected was an easy task.

However, he would never expect to get ambushed by the fourth prince's hidden guards, he was shocked over how they actually seemed to be already waiting for him, as if he had fallen in a trap. How could that be? There were no signs that would expose his and his young master's little interaction – Unless someone knew his young master well enough to be able see his body language.

But Xavier was sure there was no one here who could possible do that, not even the fourth prince of Qin. So what was going on?

"Now, it would be wise if you hand over the map pieces back to us." Shu Ya spoke, standing before Xavier with a few meters of a distance.

Xavier looked at the black figures around him, he narrowed his blue eyes, "This really makes me wonder... Was this planned from the beginning?"

Shu Ya looked at him coldly, "Whether this was planned or not, you do not need to know. Either you hand them over to us peacefully or we will take them from you by force." He paused before he spoke again, "Choose wisely."

Behind a building not so far from them was Lin Xinglan, she tilted her head a little outside of her hiding place to watch the scene unfold before her. She was frustrated that there was too much talk and little action. She never understood why enemies would talk to each other before attacking, what was there to talk? Just strike as soon as you see your opponent!

When she was about to open her mouth to yell at them, she finally saw Qiang Jingyi's hidden guards attacking Xavier. She wasn't a fan of seeing people getting hurt so she retreated her head back to the other side and sat down with her knees up as she closed her eyes and covered her ears tightly with her hands.

There was nothing she could do to help them defeat Xavier so it was better for her to hide and not let the enemy take her as a hostage again. Lin Xinglan didn't know how long she was sitting on the dirty ground, she didn't want to risk taking a peek only to see a gruesome scene before her so she stayed still.

Feeling a sudden pressure on her right shoulder, she instantly jumped up, startled. There she saw a white masked black figure with bloodstains holding the map pieces.

The tone of her voice showed that she was hesitating and unsure, "Shu... Ya..?"

The white masked black figure calmly nodded his head, "Yes, young miss."

"Is Xavier.. Dead?"

Shu Ya didn't recognize the name but he figured out she meant the foreigner he had fought, "He got stabbed and fell down from a cliff nearby."

Hearing that a person was killed didn't make her happy, she was still relieved. She didn't have to worry about Xavier coming back and try to kill them.

"What about the other hidden guards? Are they alright?"

He stayed quiet for a few seconds before he replied, "Young miss does not need to worry about them."

Before he could continue, he heard her say, "Then what about you? Did you hurt yourself badly? Oh no, we should treat your wounds before they will get worse."

Her worried and warm voice made him unwittingly smile, the young miss was indeed a kind person. His smile soon turned upside down when he thought about the things that had happened to her recently. For the young miss to experience such things was really horrible yet she was still able to act unfazed, his admiration for her increased. Those comrades of his really should open their eyes wider.

"Young miss does not need to worry about this one. Let's go back to master's place."

Lin Xinglan was surprised, "But Jingyi is still fighting..."

"You should believe more in master. Even if you go back, you won't be able to do anything."

His words stabbed her heart, he was right, she wouldn't able to help Qiang Jingyi – She couldn't even fight. She was nevertheless unwilling to back down, there must be something she could do to help him. Shu Ya looked at her and sighed before he knocked her out by pressing her neck pressure points without a chance of harming her health.

Young miss, you should really learn how to control your facial expression.

"Yu Shun, a top scholar with no criminal records... Why is someone like you associating with a big criminal like Fu Hanyu?" There was a smile on Zaki Yaman's face but it didn't reach his eyes.

"Zaki Yaman... Really, this gentleman doesn't even need to ask you to know that you're just some dog following its owner around foolishly." Yu Shun smiled back.

They stared at each other silently for a moment as they were completely still, and then in a flash, they were already fighting each other.

Fu Hanyu blocked Qiang Jingyi's sword before he swiftly moved back as he held his injured left arm. He spitted out blood and wiped his mouth with his sleeve.

"This is annoying. How come you're not as injured as me."

"You only have your insufficient skills to be blamed."

Fu Hanyu snorted, "You're so full of yourself."

When Qiang Jingyi was going to attack him again, Fu Hanyu raised his hand and said, "You know, I really want to finish you off today but unfortunately, I can't. Time's up, next time you won't be so lucky."

Qiang Jingyi's eyes darkened, "You're leaving like this? This lordship isn't done with you."

Fu Hanyu smiled and whistled loudly, making his people stop what they were doing, and immediately retreated.

"Right, I'll be real generous to you this time. The relationship between me and her?" He chuckled, "I'm her fiancé."

Upon seeing Qiang Jingyi's priceless expression, Fu Hanyu didn't wait any longer and left the place, satisfied.

Fu Hanyu looked at the direction of Qiang Jingyi's estate, and spoke, "Well, won't your days be more interesting from now on, my dumb fiancée? I'm quite interested in what that man will do to you.... Fuck, knowing that you're going to suffer makes me feel incredibly happy."

| |─‿‿─)🍵🍵🍵
Uhh.... I think the chapters are getting shorter again... Oops? This chapter has only 1373 words, excluding A/N. The last one has like 1900+ words... I'll try to keep it as long in the next chapter. I'm quite busy so in worst case, I'll update the next chapter on June.