Chapter 14

"We knew you began to raise a cat but little Xinglan, are you sure you'll be fine?" An older servant named Bin looked at Lin Xinglan's face with full of scratch marks made by a certain cat.

Lin Xinglan's corner of an eye twitched in annoyance, that damned cat scratched her face last night because she accidentally clutched onto his tail while she was asleep.

"Xinglan is fine, thank you for your concern!"

Bin saw that she seemed to be fine, he gave her a friendly nod.

"You should be more careful in the future. It would be a shame if there will be scars on your face. A girl should take more care of her appearance." He sighed in pity as he saw the scratch marks on the younger's face.

Hey, don't look at me like my face is ruined forever! They're not deep enough...

The people of this world cared deeply about appearances, talents and statuses. She knew her appearance was above average with smooth pale skin but she couldn't care less if she got one or two scars. She didn't get why people thought that just because you got a scar, your whole appearance was ruined. She personally thought it was pretty cool to have scars, excluding scars from self-harm.

You could think of them as battle scars, wouldn't that just make you look tough and cool? If someone knew what her thoughts were they would spit out blood, thinking that the young girl was crazy and stupid. Lin Xinglan would sometimes forget that the society's opinions were different from her past life's.

Lin Xinglan was taking her break from work so she used the time to go out to buy some cat food and toys. She hummed happily when she thought of how the cat, Xing, would act but that soon turned upside down after she had bought the things. She let out a single sincere tear from her eye, she didn't expect that it turned out to be more expensive than she had originally thought. Her heart ache in pain of the loss of money.

At that moment, she was caught off guard when she tripped on a rock by mistake. She had been prepared to face plant the ground with her eyes tightly closed, but a strong arm stopped her from falling.

"Be more careful, you stupid brat." Lin Xinglan recognized the familiar voice, the poisonous mouth.

"Yu Shun!" She exclaimed in surprise, she hadn't imagined him to see her in her embarrassing state.

"Not calling this gentleman in a formal way anymore?" He raised his eyebrow, he saw the scars on her face but chose to ignore them.

Lin Xinglan coughed awkwardly before she went back to her acting.

She couldn't get used to the olden day speech where one had to refer people in a certain way, it was rude for someone from lower status to call someone from higher status their full name. It was just too bothersome to Lin Xinglan.

"Please forgive Xinglan for being rude, Gentleman Yu. Also, Xinglan thanks Gentleman Yu's help." She bowed respectfully.

Yu Shun frowned, clearly not satisfied with her act and waved his hand to dismiss her bowing.

"It was nothing. Where are you planning to go, back to the teahouse?"

Lin Xinglan nodded at his presumption and began to tell him what she had been doing. Yu Shun wasn't really interested in the topic, he even gave her a lazy rude comment on the scratches on her face.

"Mhm, that thing should have scratched you some more."

Lin Xinglan almost dropped her jaw. Please have some mercy, Gentleman Yu!

Together, they walked to the teahouse and the steward began to scold Lin Xinglan for being late and slacking off. She thought it was injustice, it wasn't like she did it on purpose so she voiced her thoughts but that only left her with more scoldings.

Yu Shun watched the whole thing while he leisurely drank his tea, it was entertaining to see Lin Xinglan in that state. He thought it only served her right, after all, she had cursed him last time they were together.

When the steward finally let Lin Xinglan off with a satisfaction, she saw Yu Shun walking out from the teahouse.

"Gentleman Yu, you're not staying?" Confusion could be seen on her face.

Yu Shun casually replied, "En, the entertainment has already ended, nothing special for me to continue staying for today."

Lin Xinglan pondered over what he meant, when she finally got it she wanted to curse him but he was already gone and she could no longer see him.

Do you think I am a clown for your entertainment?!

In the end, she could do nothing about it and began to work before anyone could scold her once more, completely forgetting about a certain black cat who was sleeping lazily in her room.

It wasn't until her work ended that she finally remembered the cat, she hurriedly ran to her room with the cat food and toys. At first the cat didn't give her any attention, totally ignoring her, she wanted to cry and beg for forgiveness for her forgetful brain, but then he could feel he was starving so he decisively looked at her and then at the cat food.

Thank god, I didn't starve him to death.

| |─‿‿─)🍵🍵🍵

This chapter only has like 100 less words unlike other chapters, I had to end it shorter to have a fitting ending of the chapter.