Chapter 41

After she called out his name, she calmly corrected herself, "I meant, Gentleman Yu."

Yu Shun smiled, "Ah, you're still trying to act like a good behaved girl despite the fact you're not very good at it."

She smiled politely at him and replied, "Xinglan knows nothing of what Gentleman Yu is saying. Don't tell me you're not only half-blind but also deaf? Ah, how life is cruel."

Hearing her words, the other man who sat opposite of Yu Shun let out a laugh.

"How entertaining."

Lin Xinglan glanced over where the voice came from and checked him out. The man was dressed in silver clothes, his dark brown hair wasn't tied up, instead, it was let down, it was long but not quite long enough to touch the ground. What almost took her breath away was the golden mask he wore on his face. She shouldn't had relied on her luck, look what she got in return.

It couldn't be more obvious that the fact he was the very same Fu Hanyu Qiang Jingyi had mentioned before.

As a paranoid person, she couldn't help but inwardly panic. No matter how she looked into it, it was obviously she had been taken by the enemy. Somehow they knocked her out and brought her with them but what confused her the most was Yu Shun being together with that man Fu Hanyu.

"Oh look, I made her scared. Do I look that scary?" Fu Hanyu playfully smiled at Yu Shun who clicked his tongue in return.

"How should I know. Don't ask me."

Lin Xinglan built up her courage and asked, "May I know what reason did the two gentlemen bring me here?"

Fu Hanyu turned his gaze towards Lin Xinglan who stood beside the door in an awkward way.

"Taking you as a hostage of course. What are you, dumb?"

She suddenly felt the urge to punch him, only the way he spoke and that smile of his, she already confirmed her suspicion.

He was no doubt the same Fu Hanyu from her past life. Lin Xinglan might not seem surprised but she definitely was, her mind was a mess. She had so many questions but she couldn't expose herself rashly. 

Who would had thought that guy also transmigrated to this world? She wanted to laugh so much her stomach would hurt as she would keep thinking of ways he had died to be able to be here just like her.

"Have you ever seen a person who wake up to see they're suddenly in an unfamiliar place without being tied up or anything alike, and have no idea what's going on would think that they're being held as a hostage without confirming? Are you sure you aren't the one who's dumb here?" Lin Xinglan puckered her lips.

Yu Shun raised the corners of his lips, attempting to not laugh out loud while the other man with the golden mask squinted his eyes as his smile slowly faltered.

"Xinglan, is it? What's your surname?" He asked, there was no longer a playful tone in his voice.

Lin Xinglan was startled but tried to keep her calm, she didn't want to expose herself to him but every time she would face him, she couldn't hide her disdain towards him. That was how much he infuriated her.

"Why should I tell you? Since you know my name you have probably already investigated me. Finding out my surname should be as easy as when you found out my forename." That was a lie, she had never told her surname to anyone before in this lifetime. Not even to Qiang Jingyi.

Fu Hanyu stood up and walked slowly towards Lin Xinglan, he wore his usual smile on his face. He halted his step when he came close to her, and because she was much shorter than him, he lowered his head to look at her.