Chapter 21

An expensive looking carriage with four horses was running on a road that lead to the capital city of Qin. It ran with a rather high speed as the driver was whipping the horses, commanding them to run faster.

Inside the carriage were seated by two men, one had a foolish smile across his handsome dark skinned face and together with his black hair, it enchanted people who saw him. It was very noticeable that he was a foreigner. He wore a white robe with gold colored textures embedded, and a hood over his head, having his black hair sticking out.

The other one was rather pale skinned compared to the foreigner, he had his long silky black hair down, and his looks was extraordinary handsome, beautiful but not beautiful enough to look like a woman. He was wearing black robe, on his right side of his hips, there was a white opera mask with black and red details that hung loosely as a decoration.

He sat in a lazy position with a cup of wine in one of his jade-like hands, he looked to be absent minded as his dark, cold phoenix eyes weren't concentrating.

The dark skinned foreigner chuckled, "It has been three years since your highness was promoted to a general, how does it feel?"

The other man, who the foreigner called him his highness, looked at the latter lazily and replied, "How should this lordship feel about it? Hm, it is nothing to boast about."

"Really? Well, it has been a while since you were away from the capital, I wonder if there is someone who misses the bloody Asura... Haha, right, probably no one." The foreigner put a smile that showed he was teasing the black clothed man. He didn't noticed there was a dark glint in the latter's eyes.

"Zaki Yaman, it would be best for you to shut your mouth."

The foreigner whose name was Zaki Yaman was surprised by the man's sudden cold voice, "I was just joking, no need to be so angry."

Seeing that he received a ice cold glare in return, he tactfully closed his mouth. However, he didn't know why the man, who sat on the opposite side of him, would be in a bad mood just because he had teased him a bit.

The black clothed man lightly touched the mask that hung on his right hip, his eyes lowered a bit as he was thinking of something.

"Little Xinglan, it's your cat again! That little animal broke three tea sets, you are going to pay for the damage with your salary." Bin exclaimed loudly. He had just taken out the tea sets and the cat had already broken them all into pieces.

Lin Xinglan was getting headache just from knowing that she had to pay for the damage the cat she actually didn't own had caused. All the tea sets that 'The Calmness of Heavens' was using were all high quality so they costed quite a lot and now she had to pay for three of them.

Her darkened eyes looked fiercely at the culprit, she would remember to later add it to the cat owner's bill note.

She carried the cat with her hands and walked upstairs to her room while the cat was lazily yawning as he was acting oblivious over his act from before.

Lin Xinglan gently put the cat down on the floor in her room, despite feeling the need to beat up the cat. She was against animal abuse so she ignored the urge.

She crossed her arms as she looked at the oblivious cat in front of her.

"You, don't cause trouble for me or else, I'll sell you!" She threatened the cat but all she got in return was a tiny hug over her ankle from the cat.

She saw how the cat acted cutely, she gritted her teeth.

"Why the fuck am I even talking to a cat... It's like talking to myself. Ok, calm down, Xinglan. I know you can do it."