Chapter 44

Fu Hanyu stood in front of the plain looking guest bed, his gaze was on a certain girl who buried herself in a quilt, showing only the top of her head. Patience slowly disappeared bit by bit, he become more annoyed.

"Dumb woman, what do you think you're doing?" Fu Hanyu spoke.

Lin Xinglan didn't bother to remove the quilt and grumpily responded, "What does it look like? I'm laying on the bed, trying to sleep over my hunger." Because she was covered in the quilt, her voice was muffled but even so he had heard her words.

His face showed a tint of scorn, "Get up. I didn't come here to see you just for you to waste my time."

Lin Xinglan didn't budge, "Then just go away. I didn't ask you to visit me, next time, bring food with you."

"You-"

She reached out her hand from the quilt to wave at him, "Shoo, shoo. Your existence is a burden to the whole world- No, the whole universe. Hate wasting your time? It's too bad I'm indifferent to your suffering."

Lin Xinglan didn't see how Fu Hanyu had widened his eyes upon hearing her last words and then a smirk spread across his face. In a flash, the quilt that she hid herself beneath it had been removed from her. Her body that was hidden by the quilt could be seen in a fetal position.

She didn't have time to open her mouth when she felt a sudden force against her stomach as her body completely laid on her back. Shock filled her face when she saw Fu Hanyu on top of her with a smirk. His manly but slender hands slowly moved toward her smooth neck. He caressed her neck before his hands loosely wrapped around it.

Fu Hanyu let out a low chuckle, "Well, well, well... To think that I was right. Do you think this is our fate, my dumb Xinglan?"

It took her what it felt like a half day to come into a realization that Fu Hanyu had found out who she really was.

She scrunched up her eyebrows, "I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you trying to strangle my neck? Because if you are then do it properly, you are doing a terrible job."

The following moment, Lin Xinglan couldn't breathe as she felt a heavy pressure against her throat. Fu Hanyu was strangling her with both of his hands, watching her struggling beneath him created a sense of satisfaction inside him. Lin Xinglan tried to pull his hands away from her neck while she had her eyes tightly shut from the feeling of being suffocated but no matter how much she used her strength, his hands didn't move an inch.

Having enough fun, Fu Hanyu retreated his hands from her now bruised neck, leaving Lin Xinglan to let out harsh coughs from her throat.

He licked his lips in delight as he spoke, "You're exactly like the dumb Xinglan I know... Say, how can you greet your old friend so cold heartedly?"

Lin Xinglan threw him a death glare, "You dare to call yourself my old friend?! Which friend would fucking strangle their own friend! You're my biggest enemy ever, whether it be the previous, current or next lifetime!"

"Ah... Yes, this is definitely my dumb Xinglan. You're as barbaric as always. Isn't your total age supposed to be 33 years? Yet, you still haven't learned how to act like a lady. You're so dumb."

Gasping out loudly, she said, "Oh, I'm so sorry. Was I supposed to be offended?" Then she sneered, "Because the only thing offending me is your fucking existence."

Fu Hanyu growled, "I see that your sarcasm hasn't died yet, and don't you roll your eyes at me."

"Did I roll my eyes out loud-"

Before Lin Xinglan could finish her sarcastic remark, Fu Hanyu squeezed both of her cheeks tightly with his right hand. She let out incoherent words and with the tone of her voice, one could tell that she was pissed.

"Shut up. Damn, I forgot that you're ten times worse when you're hungry." He frowned in displeasure.

He remembered every time he was with Lin Xinglan when she was hungry she would endlessly throw curses, sarcastic remarks, and insults at him. The point was, she would never shut her foul mouth.

Fu Hanyu looked at duck faced woman beneath him in disdain, he only wanted to confirm whether she was really the Xinglan he knew. But now, he had to handle this babbling dumb woman. Waiting until she stopped making a sound, he finally removed his hand.

"I wonder how you ended up here..."

His hand that was removed from her face began to slowly trace the bruise on her neck, he let out a small hum. Lin Xinglan stiffened from the sudden gentle touch of Fu Hanyu, it sent her chills up her spine. She turned her head to the side, suddenly wanting to avoid his gaze.

"Lin Xinglan." He solemnly said her name out loud.

Lin Xinglan shook her head, refusing to look at him. Having him call her by her full name, she knew how serious Fu Hanyu was but no matter what, there was no way she would tell him how she died unless she wanted to die in shame. No one wanted to be made fun for the rest of their life, especially by someone they hated.

Fu Hanyu sighed deeply, "And here I thought I would give you food today...." He slowly moved off her body and stood up to face the door, "Never mind, I'll just find Xavier and Yu Shun, and have dinner with them."

It took her only a few seconds before she extended her arm to reach Fu Hanyu's sleeve. Feeling a tug coming from his sleeve, Fu Hanyu slyly smirked before he returned to his neutral expression, and turned around to face the alarmed woman.

Lin Xinglan raised her head to look at him as she seriously asked, "Do you really mean what you said? I will really get to eat if I tell you?"

Fu Hanyu used his index finger to tap on the side of his face as he pretended to think, "Oh? I thought you didn't want to tell me. Forget it, it's not nice to force someone to do something they don't want to."

His respond only made her hold his sleeve tighter.

She gritted her teeth resentfully, "If I say I will tell you then I will tell you."

Shrugging his shoulders, Fu Hanyu sat down on the bed as he crossed his legs. His body language told her that he was waiting for her story. Lin Xinglan clenched her jaw upon seeing his arrogant behaviour.

Pointing at him with her finger, she tried to compromise, "I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours."

Fu Hanyu slightly tensed from her words, and that little action didn't escape from Lin Xinglan's eyes. She grinned in mischief as if she found out something funny. What was one of the best things according to Lin Xinglan? That was to find out her enemy's weakness and use it to mess around with them.

"So big bad Fu Fu had died in a shameful way.... How exactly did you die?"

While Lin Xinglan was having fun to taunt Fu Hanyu, she had completely forgotten the fact that she was currently a hostage and Fu Hanyu was her captor, if she did something wrong then it would most likely lead to her death.

| |─‿‿─)🍵🍵🍵

Shorter chapter this time because I'm being uncreative and my mind is blank. Also, I've been procrastinating too much with school so I have stuff to do.... Maybe I'll update next week?