Chapter 13

It was a nice day to be outside, the streets were bustling with people and a faint fragrance could be smelled, it was coming from a certain teahouse. Inside that teahouse, two figures could be seen at a table near the stairs that lead to the second floor. A small figure and a bigger figure, they were Lin Xinglan and Yu Shun.

They were small talking about random things, this made Lin Xinglan think that this Yu Shun was weird. She didn't know what his reason of wanting to have a chat with her was since it was their first time meeting.

"Uhm... Gentleman Yu, Xinglan still doesn't know who you are or the reason why you wanted to talk with me but Xinglan needs to go back to work now." She said, giving Yu Shun a nod before she went back to work.

Yu Shun gave a nod back to her, signing that he understood. He didn't also know why he initiated in talking with her, it was just that her action before took him by surprise. He frowned slightly, shaking his head before he walked out of the teahouse, he had enough tea for the day.

The sun had already gone down and Lin Xinglan was still working, she sighed in despair. If she had known before that she would get a punishment of working overtime when Taitai, the main chef, ultimately caught her red handed, she wouldn't had done it at that time.

Lin Xinglan had been tired out from sweeping outside so she secretly peeked at every direction before she laid down on the ground in a lazy position. She closed her eyes for a short moment but who would had known she actually fell asleep and got caught by Taitai.

Most likely, he had been searching for her because he couldn't find her at the place she was supposed to be working after she had swept outside. Leading him to catch her taking a nap under work time made him angry so he splashed cold water over her to wake her up. All Lin Xinglan had to say was that it certainly wasn't a pleasant experience.

"Don't forget to throw away the garbage after you're done!" Taitai reminded Lin Xinglan before he went home from work.

"Xinglan knows, sir!" She replied the main chef.

Because Lin Xinglan was working overtime, her body was sore from moving too much and she could immediately feel the bitterness washing all over her body tomorrow. She took a deep breath, holding firmly on the garbage bag and walked to the backside of the teahouse. She was originally weak, with below average strength, so she had stumbled here and there while walking.

She put down the garbage bag to where others were laying, there were two more days until the servants would empty the garbage area. Lin Xinglan pitied the people who held the responsibility, they had to smell the odor coming out from the bags every single time, it was really uncomfortable.

She wiped away the sweat on her forehead with her arm and as she was about to walk back inside, she could hear a sound. Her body became tensed, she was a paranoid person so she couldn't stop thinking about all the possibilities.

What if it's a thief or.... A killer! Oh no, no, no.... Hell no, I don't want to die yet!

Her heart pounded loudly from fright and panic, she didn't want to look around, her guts were very lacking at the moment. The sound could be heard again, she became less tensed when she felt like something wasn't right.

She frowned and looked at place where the sound came from, at the same time, something came out under the wooden stairs. Lin Xinglan's eyes were filled with surprise and relief.

So it was just a cat! And here I thought I was going to die....

The cat was pitch black and it looked very small, it had a pleasant pair of clear emerald eyes. No matter how Lin Xinglan looked at it, it was obviously a very gorgeous cat! Although, a bit dirty. She looked at the cat who began to slowly walk towards her. The cat sniffed on her left leg before rubbing against her. Lin Xinglan bent down and stroke the cat, her heart melted a little seeing how the cat became attached to her.

"Looks like you're a male... I wonder where you came from... Where's your owner, hm?" She smiled at the cat, still stroking him.

After a moment of playing with the cat, Lin Xinglan stood up and tried to make him go back home to his owner but no matter what she did, he became even more attached to her. It gave her a headache but she could only reluctantly take care of the cat until the owner would find the cat or the cat would walk home on his own.

She looked at the cat bitterly, wouldn't that mean she had to spend her own money to buy food and other necessities for it? She would definitely demand compensation from the owner later in the future.

It would be a lot easier if she had just left the cat alone but she didn't have the heart to, who knew whether someone would kidnap the cat and sell him for a high price? There was no way Lin Xinglan would let someone be so lucky. If someone were to sell the cat and earn money from it, she would be the first one to do it.

Lin Xinglan had noticed the cat was wearing a red braided collar with a shiny gold jingle bell. She didn't hear any sound coming from bell so she could only think that it was a soundless bell. On the front of the bell, just above the tiny hole, a character was engraved. It was the same character as her name held; Xing.

Lin Xinglan thought it didn't suit the cat as he wasn't acting cheerful, happy or eager like the meaning of his name. She wondered what kind of owner they were that have poorly named the cat.

| |─‿‿─)🍵🍵🍵

I apologize for not updating often, I am kind of busy with school!

Hm, who do you think the gorgeous cat belongs to? (≖‿ c)