Chapter 16

Stroking his white beard, he said, "Yes, that's why this old one wants you to follow, to get more experience. Why, do you not want to go?" He raised his eyebrow.

He studied Li Xinglan's reaction and sure enough, he saw that she touched her pocket once again. Before, he saw her touch her pocket when he mentioned about the palace. It made him wonder what kind of connection the little girl had with it.

Lin Xinglan gulped slowly, "It's not like that, Old Bao... I... Can I not go? Besides, I'm too young..." She looked nervous, she definitely didn't want to visit the palace but she couldn't offend him, after all, he was the employer and she was just his employee.

The owner looked indifferent but that didn't mean she would give up so she continued to convince him with everything she got.

Although the owner didn't show much emotion on outside, he was actually very amused at watching Lin Xinglan's action. She looked like a harmless rabbit trying to avoid falling into a wolf's trap. Lin Xinglan wasn't aware of how she actually looked like when she rambled on, she was busy focusing on changing the owner's mind.

The owner wasn't going to bring Lin Xinglan with him in the first place, now that she performed such an interesting show, he had thought of changing his mind but... Seeing her being so serious about not wanting to go, he sighed.

"Alright, you can leave now."

When the owner suddenly spoke, Lin Xinglan went blank, she couldn't process her thoughts on what he just said.

The owner frowned, "Still not going?"

Only then did she come back to her senses and her childish eyes lit up in excitement and relief.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much, Old Bao!"

She was so happy, she unconsciously ran up to the old man and gave him a hug before she exited the study room. 

That little action made the owner's body stiff and he stared blankly at the door, that was the first time the little girl was so brazen to hug her own employer. The owner didn't think it was rude, he felt more warm inside than he had thought, that little girl could surprise him in unexpected moments.

He didn't dare to think how she would be when she got older, he hoped she wouldn't become more brazen and get into troubles. Maybe he would teach her to have some etiquette, but just thinking about having to go through all the troubles made him throw away the idea. If she became more troublesome then so be it.

Just like that, Lin Xinglan slipped away and didn't have to visit the palace with the owner. If the others heard about it, they would had thought she was stupid, to let go of it was just simply a foolish thing to do. Normal citizens didn't have a chance to meet the Emperor, let alone going the palace, so how could Lin Xinglan easily throw away such an opportunity?!

Lin Xinglan didn't care about anything of it, she merely wanted to avoid having the chance to run into the fourth prince. Really, who knew whether she would meet him in the palace or not. Having read historical fiction novels, she knew nothing good would happen when you visit the palace full of schemers. Lin Xinglan wanted to avoid things like that as much as possible even if she was just being paranoid, one could never underestimate the things happening in the palace.

If she didn't have to go there, she wouldn't. It was the same thing as meeting a member of the Imperial family, although the fourth prince wasn't exactly included.

Lin Xinglan was already in her room, she played with the black cat, Xing. He was so adorable, except when he was angry, he would always be obedient, looking aloof and elegant. No one had filed a missing cat, nor had there been any rumors of it, she could only continue to raise him.

She was no expert in raising cats, she had never bothered with them in her past life so she knew very little. That was why she would ask some fellow servants for tips and facts, leaving Taitai to scold her for slacking in the end, but at least she got some information she needed. She cuddled, played, washed, cleaned, and fed the cat and because it took time, she was more determined to get paid by the owner of the cat.

Having enough for the day, Lin Xinglan went to bed and slept peacefully.

It wasn't until afternoon Lin Xinglan found out that the owner and some higher servants that went with him had already gone to the palace, she was shocked, she didn't expect it to be so soon. If she had followed the owner, she didn't know if she could had been mentally prepared so quickly. Luckily, she didn't have to go.

Basically, Lin Xinglan's everyday was utterly boring, it was just work, work, work, and take care of the cat. Yu Shun never came to visit her often anymore, nothing interesting things happened in the teahouse. Well, occasionally, there were some few rude customers but they were all big talk with no action.

Lin Xinglan thought if she transmigrated into this world only to have such a life. Maybe if she had more willpower and determination from the beginning like any other protagonists in the novels, she would probably had become someone powerful or a genius. It was too bad she was Lin Xinglan, just a mere average high school student and nothing special.

| |─‿‿─)🍵🍵🍵

Mhm, school sucks and so do I.
Friday tomorrow and we all think Friday is a great day but not for me 'cuz I got math class that day for over 2 hours.