Chapter 31

"Comrades, isn't she such a beauty?" The bandit commented, he rubbed his chin as he observed the young girl.

The other bandits loudly agreed with their cheerful tone, some even repulsively licked their lips while having immoral thoughts. Lin Xinglan saw the dirty looks the bandits gave her and she involuntarily shivered in disgust.

She couldn't act recklessly and dig her own grave so she needed to think of a plan. However, she couldn't think of one, coming up with strategies was something she had difficult with but she knew how to act in a decent level. She decided it was better for the bandits to think that she was a harmless rabbit and catch them off guard.

That was where she regretted not knowing how to fight, if she knew, things would be so much easier. She was just a normal girl with no physical experience and always hated walking the stairs, it was simply too tiring.

"S-stop... M-mister.. I-I want to go home.. P-please let me go..."

The bandits saw how scared the girl was, she looked so delicate and fragile, and her eyes were watery as if she was about to cry but nonetheless, she looked alluring. Their throat felt dry and they had difficult time to swallow their saliva.

"No, sorry, girl. You're coming with us. Don't worry... We will give you a great time, yes, just like this... " The muscular bandit pulled Lin Xinglan closer to him.

Lin Xinglan felt sick in her stomach when she realized what the bandit planned to do, she used all her strength to push him away but it was no good. She saw how the bandit's ugly, cracked and dirty lips were coming closer to hers, she shut her eyes tightly.

She waited but she didn't feel anything on her lips instead, she heard a loud thump.

Lin Xinglan opened her eyes to see the muscular bandit laying on the ground, not knowing whether he was alive or dead. Soon a dark figure came into her vision and the bandits dropped down on the ground one by one. The bandits began to attack the black figure but they weren't able to strike a blow on them.

Lin Xinglan couldn't see who the black figure was because they had a white mask covering their face. She wanted to thank the black figure when she saw all of the bandits were down but she didn't have the chance to as the black figure was already gone. He had vanished into thin air.

Lin Xinglan's eyes were sparkling in amazement.

HOLY FUCK, THERE ARE ACTUALLY NINJAS IN THIS WORLD! I JUST FREAKING SAW ONE WITH MY OWN EYES!

Lin Xinglan was certain the black figure was a ninja or how else could they be so sneaky and quick with their movements? She even saw the black figure disappear like they weren't even there in the first place.

She shook her head to get back to reality, she hadn't forgotten about the situation, she wanted to tell the family that they should hurry and go but she halted her steps and looked at the bandits. Lin Xinglan went over to each of them and quickly took the money they had on them, only then did she run back to the carriage.

"We should go now before more of them are coming here." Lin Xinglan told the couple.

The couple was still in daze, they didn't know what had happened, it was just too much to consume in little time but they snapped back when they heard Lin Xinglan talk.

They were still scared so the father didn't hesitate to start driving, it took them an hour to arrive to the capital. During the ride, Lin Xinglan didn't notice how her hands were slightly shakened up.

Among the branches of a tree, beside the road, was a standing figure looking at the carriage run towards the capital, it was the black figure who just saved Lin Xinglan. It was also none other than the fourth prince's hidden guard, Shu Ya.