Chapter 28

Over the past weeks, Qiang Jingyi had been coming to 'The Calmness of Heavens' every single day just to see Lin Xinglan. Lin Xinglan didn't have a problem with it, it was just that the fourth prince would stay there from when it opened until it was time to close.

Every time, Lin Xinglan couldn't work properly because Qiang Jingyi would always make her stay in the private room and be with him. It became too much as the servants started to gossip that Lin Xinglan was meeting with her lover, and even the owner confronted it with her.

Lin Xinglan wanted to strangle someone, despite the urge, she explained things to the owner. The owner was so shocked and surprised to know that the child he took in actually knew the fourth prince and the prince was even in the teahouse everyday to see her.

"You, child! You're really something, aren't you? Being friends with the famous fourth prince!" The owner exclaimed.

"Please, Old Bao! It's nothing big. The little prince is here daily because he just wants to talk to me since it has been a long time." Lin Xinglan secretly rolled her eyes.

"You even have the guts to call him little- Ah, what should this old one do with you?..." He sighed, "Well... Is the fourth prince treating you well?"

Lin Xinglan nodded, "En, he's good to me so you don't have to worry!"

"If that is so then that's great. You should be more careful, a commoner being friends with a prince is not something normal. Bad things will happen if outsiders know about this."

"Xinglan knows, Old Bao." She smiled.

The owner didn't forget to warn Lin Xinglan that just because she was hanging out with the fourth prince, she couldn't neglect doing her work properly.

After their talk, she got ambushed by Moyu and Bin's questions, Lin Xinglan patiently explained a short version of what was going on; her reunion with her childhood friend and that friend was now visiting her everyday to hang out.

Moyu and Bin looked at Lin Xinglan suspicious, they didn't really believe her because it was hard to since Lin Xinglan was a girl and to be with a man alone in a private room, they couldn't stop thinking about the possibility. Lin Xinglan didn't care much whether they believed her or not, she didn't blame them either.

Lin Xinglan went back to the private room where Qiang Jingyi was inside, she took a deep breath and opened the door. She saw how he sat in an elegant way yet, she could see that he was bored. But the moment his eyes met hers, he no longer looked bored.

"Took you long enough." Qiang Jingyi stated.

The corner of Lin Xinglan's left eye twitched in annoyance.

"Just so you know, this is all your fault to begin with. I had to get interrogated by the owner and servants."

By that, Qiang Jingyi could tell what had happened to her, he was amused.

"What are you saying? Wasn't it Lan that said I could visit you whenever I wanted?"

Lin Xinglan stayed quiet while she averted her eyes from him, she couldn't refute him because what he said was the truth.

She quietly said, "Okay, I admit defeat."

Qiang Jingyi chuckled in response, his Lan always gave up so easily and quick when she knew he was right.

Lin Xinglan sighed, she took a seat and refilled tea in Qiang Jingyi's teacup. The light aroma hit her nose the moment she poured the tea from the porcelain kettle to the teacup.

"The crown prince never completed the mission, right?" Lin Xinglan curiously asked.

The crown prince didn't seem to be a smart person so she presumed he couldn't complete it and angered the Emperor. But the Emperor did favor the prince so he might had let the prince go this time.