Chapter 37

Lin Xinglan placed her right palm against the tree, and Qiang Jingyi stood right behind her as he placed his right hand on top of hers. Lin Xinglan involuntarily blushed when she felt his hand on hers, she could see the huge difference between their hand sizes. Hers was very small compared to his and paler.

When they finished, they withdrew their hands from the tree but suddenly, Qiang Jingyi grabbed her hand and with a strong force, he pulled her to his side as the both of them saw an arrow fly by them in a fast speed.

Qiang Jingyi quickly drew out his sword from the sheath to block the upcoming arrows that were aiming to shoot at them. Lin Xinglan was in his arm, she watched how the arrows were coming toward them nonstop and became worried over the man who was behind her. She looked up at him to only see a calm expression on his face, as if he wasn't affected by their sudden situation. At the very moment, she couldn't help to admire Qiang Jingyi.

At the same time, Qiang Jingyi was enraged because his precious moment with her was ruined by some incredibly annoying pests. They actually dared to ruin his perfect plan he carefully planned for days!

The so called 'annoying pests' saw that the arrows they shot were getting easily blocked by one of their targets, they stopped shooting and leaped forward to attack their targets with their swords.

Lin Xinglan kept seeing black figures coming out one by another, they were fully dressed in black clothes from head to toe, only their eyes could be seen.

Qiang Jingyi lunged his sword to either attack or block the enemies' swords, he was having it difficult since he couldn't carelessly move freely because Lin Xinglan was in his arm. He couldn't had them harm her while she was still under his protection.

The sound of metal clashing each other could be heard loud and steadily which alarmed Qiang Rong Kai who wasn't too far away from the scene. He instantly proceeded forward towards the location, it took him only a short moment to arrive.

Seeing the enemies kept aiming their swords at Qiang Jingyi who held Lin Xinglan, he accelerated his pace to attack them. The enemies began to struggle and backed down.

"Give us the maps and we will give you an easy death!" One of them shouted.

Qiang Jingyi didn't answer back and just coldly looked at them.

"Not giving us the maps? Alright, we will force you then!" Another one of them shouted before they attacked their targets again.

Qiang Jingyi swung his sword and said with a low voice, "Lan, hide behind the tree for a while. I'll finish this up in a flash."

Lin Xinglan was scared but when she heard Qiang Jingyi's voice, she calmed down and nodded in response. Qiang Jingyi found an opening and took the moment to push Lin Xinglan towards the core tree. After making sure she was safe when she hid behind the tree, he immediately attacked the enemies and finished off the remaining of them with a few moves but, all of the moves were deadly and ruthless, showing no mercy.

Lin Xinglan saw that it was over and planned to walk to Qiang Jingyi and Qiang Rong Kai but who knew that one of the enemies, in a brink of death, used his remaining strength to thrust his sword at her.

The three of them weren't prepared for the sneak attack, Qiang Jingyi widened his dark phoenix eyes and used all of his Qing Gong to push away Lin Xinglan to make her avoid the sword.

But alas, the enemy was too close and he wasn't fast enough, only able to push her for a short range causing the sword to thrust through her right shoulder. Pulling out the sword from her, the enemy stood up wobbling as he frowned, he had missed her heart.