Chapter 38

A half month had passed since the assassination attempt in 'The Forest of Elves' took place. During the time, Lin Xinglan had been forced to live in Qiang Jingyi's manor until her injury would heal. Qiang Jingyi refused to let her leave, he was afraid she wouldn't take care of herself and he had the right to think like that.

Every occasion when he saw her receiving an injury, she didn't bother to properly treat it. There was once when she tried to sneak out of the manor, and all she could say about it was that it didn't go well. Lin Xinglan admitted that she brought it on herself but her injury was healing pretty well so she would soon be able to go out.

"No. You need to stay inside and rest."

"Jingyi! It doesn't hurt as much anymore, I can move freely, and I don't want Old Bao to take care of Xing. He will add more to my debt."

"Still no."

"I'm not weak, I can take care of myself. I mean, what can happen to me inside the capital city? It's true that I almost died outside but that was only one time and even if it will happen-"

"Lan!" Qiang Jingyi shouted harshly as he cut her off, "Enough! You're not allowed to go out while you're still injured!"

Lin Xinglan's eyes were open wide, she was taken aback over Qiang Jingyi's loud voice. She lowered her head, it was the first time he had ever raised his voice towards her.

Qiang Jingyi realized how harsh he was and thought she got scared.

"I'm sorry, Lan. I just don't want to take any risks..." His voice softened while he looked at her with gentle eyes.

Lin Xinglan lightly shook her head and chuckled, "No, I'm the one who should apologize to you. I'm always making you worried... It's just, it's my first time seeing you like this so I was a bit happy that you could be like this even to me."

Now it was his turn to be taken aback but then he regained his composure. He sighed helplessly.

Before he could open his mouth to say something to Lin Xinglan, an enthusiastic voice was heard.

"It seems like your highness don't always listen to little sister!"

"Xinglan greets big brother Zaki!"

Zaki Yaman heard what Qiang Jingyi and Lin Xinglan were talking and now that he showed himself to them, he saw that they were having a meal.

"This big brother greets little sister too! Can I join your little meal?"

Lin Xinglan happily nodded, "Sure."

Then she added, "Kai, you should also join. The more the merrier!"

In a flash, a white figure came in view, he took out an empty chair and sat down quietly. Surrounding the round table of food plates, from right to left sat Qiang Jingyi, Lin Xinglan, Qiang Rong Kai and lastly, Zaki Yaman.

Zaki Yaman smirked, "Hoho, if it isn't the famous faithful slave. It seems like you're doing a good job here. Keep up and you might upgrade to the faithful attendant instead."

Qiang Rong Kai glared at him and didn't hold back a snort. If it weren't because of the consequences, he would had already killed that aggravating full of trash.

In the meantime, a certain man was getting irritated because of some uninvited pests popping up one after another.

"What exactly did you come here for, Zaki Yaman?" His voice was much colder compared to the one he used towards Lin Xinglan.

Zaki Yaman rubbed his nose, "I came to report something..." He took a glance at Lin Xinglan.

Qiang Jingyi understood what Zaki Yaman tried to imply, after all, he was the one who forbid anyone from letting her know. He only nodded in response.