Chapter 61

When Lin Xinglan finally awoken, they had stopped for another break, the soldiers took care of the horses before they went to do their own businesses meanwhile, she was with Qiang Jingyi watching him take care of his war horse. She found out that the name of the horse was Xiu which basically meant fine, beautiful, and it perfectly suited the black male horse. Not only did he look strong and tough, he also looked beautiful with his unexpectedly soft and healthy hair and his iron-willed but gentle eyes.

Patting the horse, Lin Xinglan asked Qiang Jingyi, "When will we arrive?"

Qiang Jingyi, who was feeding Xiu, saw that she patted his horse and a sour feeling wriggled in his heart. He coldly looked at his horse and saw that he gave him a cocky look as if he could see through him. That only added more dissatisfaction in Qiang Jingyi's heart and stopped to feed his high-and-mighty horse. Seeing that his owner stopped feeding him, Xiu immediately put a pitiful act and nudged his nose against his owner's shoulder, showing that he wasn't going to do it again. Qiang Jingyi gave his horse another cold glare before he continued to feed him.

He looked at Lin Xinglan and said, "A few more days. Lan, stop patting Xiu. If you continue, he will only act like a spoiled brat."

Lin Xinglan didn't stop patting the horse, "Doesn't that mean he likes me a lot?" The horse neighed at her words and she laughed, "Look, he even agreed with me!"

Helplessly sighing at this, Qiang Jingyi let her do whatever she wanted with his horse as he silently felt his heart being bathed in vinegar. She kept touching his horse here and there, even using such a gentle motion, why couldn't she do the same to him? Didn't it mean that his Lan preferred his horse over him? Thinking that his Lan no longer cared about him because of his horse, Qiang Jingyi refused to let Xiu meet Lan after they were done with the treasure hunt.

Travelling, riding, taking breaks in between... The circle continued for three more days until they finally arrived at the border of the forbidden area. The forbidden area, that was what the previous Emperors called the certain place that was located near one of the ghost towns in Qin, the fallen town. Nobody dared to go near that little town that was known to be cursed by exiled immortals.

The forbidden area belonged to that town, it was a part of it. In fact, it was just a normal forest but in the middle of the whole forest, there was a huge circle of nothing but the dirty ground and a crystal stone. In the middle of that circle, there was a large crystal stone stuck in the ground, only showing half of it above, it was also said that the stone was a dead stone. That circle was actually 'the forbidden area', and not the forest itself.

This was the first time Lin Xinglan had heard about it, she really couldn't rely on only reading books, she was determined to have a lot of tea time with Qiang Rong Kai to talk about all of the things she didn't know. Qiang Rong Kai happened to meet up with them a day ago after he completed another mission given by Qiang Jingyi. Truthfully, he suspected that the reason why Qiang Jingyi sent him away to do missions was because he didn't want him to stay beside Lin Xinglan every single day for a whole year.

Qiang Rong Kai clicked his tongue disdainfully at Qiang Jingyi's childish actions. Lin Xinglan didn't even object, saying that she wanted him to experience things outside of the capital city. Although he studied, played flute and even took care of his elder sister which caused him to stay within the capital city a lot, it didn't mean he wasn't experienced. He also had his fair share of adventures.

Lin Xinglan caught Qiang Rong Kai's gloomy expression and thought he was scared so she took his hand and comforted him, "Kai, the forbidden place you explained to me sounds a bit scary... But don't you worry, I will hold you hand so you don't need to be scared!"