Q&A [UPDATE]

ADDED PART: I skimmed through ALP and damn, the ending was really rushed lmao. Feelsbad. I should have written it with more details and added a few more chapters.... Uh, sorry. The story just felt really long to me so I thought it wouldn't make much difference.

----

Q1: Why is the title 'A Lifetime Promise'?

Answer: The reason is on chapter 7, if you haven't noticed, Lan and Jingyi made a promise; To never leave and forever remember. Which is kind of a lifetime promise, hence the name.

Q2: How is Xavier?

Answer: He is crying over Fu's death, and will die lonely.

Q2: Any happy endings?

Answer: If you're asking about whether the ending of ALP is happy or tragic... Then, none. It's not happy but it's not tragic. Neutral. Boom. Perfect answer.

Q3: Why did Yu Shun do this?

Answer: Because he lost a bet with the tea owner.

Q4: Where did you get inspiration for FL's character?

Answer: Originally, I merely wanted Lan to be really lazy and uninterested but I guess I failed on that one. I didn't want to do an energetic, smart one since I'm not academics smart myself. Feelsbad.

Q5: Why did Wen Bai wanted to fool them?

Answer: Good one. In the story, it doesn't tell much and only show a bit that he wanted to fool them because of amusement. But, who knows. 

Q6: Is Wen Bai somehow related to Lin Xinglan? Because her mother's name was Wen Hua.

Answer: Was her mother's name Wen Hua? Ha, yeah, totally intentional. The answer will be answered in the sequel.

Q7: What exactly did Qiang Jingyi ask Lin Xinglan to do in chapter 48 or 50 to make it up for him?

Answer: Right, aren't you all curious about that one? Funny, I won't tell you. It will be revealed in the sequel.

Q8: Why did you make Fu Fu die?

Answer: Because I needed him to die. He's dead. It's his fate. To make the story more emotional. 

Q9: Will you make a story about Fu Fu?

Answer: It will be about Fu's life before he died the first time. Y'know, criminal activities, Lan, and stuff. The answer is... No, I won't.

Q10: Did you planned Fu Fu's death since long ago?

Answer: I don't remember but perhaps, 20 chapters ago. Yes, I planned his death that long ago considering that I didn't update much around that period.
Truth is, I was excited to write his death part. I originally planned for him to die by a sword but when I was about to write the scene, I thought it was too mainstream. Thus, I chose a less mainstream one. Arrows.

Q11: Where did you get inspiration to make this book?

Answer: As I mentioned on the Announce chapter, I got the inspiration from Chinese transmigration, rebirth, reincarnation, whatever etc. novels. I didn't plan 85% of the plot, I just went with the flow as I wrote.

Q12: Will there be an epilogue? Did Jingyi and XL finally confessed their liking for each other?

Answer: No, there will not be an epilogue. Lan and Jin is together. If you read the last lines on Lan's bonus chapter, it mentioned there. Although, a bit vague.

Q13: Will you at least write a part where Xing Lan marries Jingyi or whatsoever?

Answer: LOL. No. 

Q14: How did Fu hanyu die?

Answer: If you mean his second life then, he died from getting shot with arrows by the former Crown Prince. If you mean his first life then, he died from getting shot with bullets by some mobsters. Though, it didn't mention how in the story but I feel generous so that's the answer.

Q15: What happened to Xinglan and Jingyi after getting home?

Answer: Getting home like after the treasure hunt? It's not written in the story so what can I say? But after awhile, they got together.

Q16: Who will be the next king, since the crown prince was dethroned?

Answer: That isn't written in the story too so it's not necessarily for me to tell you why as it is of no use. So it'll be left as a mystery, or something along the line.

Q17: Do you plan on killing me with such an open ended story?

Answer: The plot twist was brilliant. No one expected it to come. I know I'm amazing.

Q18: Oh, are you and your five generation of family gonna die for killing Fu?

Answer: I have no regrets for killing off Fu. I am satisfied with your reactions and it made me laugh and smile.

Q19: How are you dealing with all the back lash of killing Fu Fu?

Answer: What back lashes? I laugh and smile when I see your comments about Fu's death. I want to say thank you.

Q20: Is it just me or does the ending feel rushed?

Answer: I had the ending all planned. I knew what to write but I guess I added too few details which made it feel rushed. I didn't want to write more because I dragged the story too long and I wanted to finish it. Maybe if you read the whole story in one go it'll feel different. I don't know, not sure but maybe.

Q21: Will you make a sequel?

Answer: Ah, yes, the ultimate question. The sequel would be more about world building, Zaki Yama, Shu Ya... Lan and Jingyi will go to an adventure and as they do, they will reveal secrets and whatnot such about the tea owner(Wen Bai) and Yu Shun. You would get to see more of Xavier and how he is doing after Fu's death.

The answer is.... No sequel. ALP is completely finished. But, I might upload some ALP art in the future.

Yes, I am leaving you all on a suspense with that ending.

Q22: Do you have another story that you're planning to write rn?

Answer: I have three other stories I am writing at the moment. Please check my Wattpad profile for more info about them. And I will write more in the future. In fact, I got too many story ideas I want to write for my own good.

...

And there you have it, people. Q&A is done and I hope I didn't miss any other questions... And if I did, feelsbad.