The Beat

Picture of Damien

          It's currently 2:30 and I have yet to start getting ready for tonight.

"Ugh let me get up" I say rolling my eyes.

Heading to my bathroom I turn on iTunes and listen to some R&B music to set the mood for this beat that I'm gonna do.

"Time to become a catfish" I say looking into my mirror.

I go ahead and get all the essentials out the way, showering, brushing my teeth , and washing my face. After that is complete I set up my vanity mirror and pour out all of my makeup. I hear a knock on my door.

"You can come in" I say knowing it's one of my parents.

Looking up I see my mom walk in to my room.

"Hey momma" I say

"Hey, you ready for tonight??" She says looking around my messy room.

"Yeah I'll be ready I just gotta do my makeup and put my clothes on" I say starting to put my Fenty foundation on.

"What you wearing? You know you gotta look at least a little conservative" she says knowing I like to dress in tight clothes.

"I know I know, I decided to just wear that burnt orange turtle neck thing from fashion nova I haven't worn yet, and I'm gonna wear some slightly ripped skinny jeans—"

"You wearing ripped jeans!?" My mom asks cutting me off.

Rolling my eyes I say "Yes they're not too ripped or inappropriate at all. I have to be a little fashionable"

"Hm. Well I guess that's ok."she says.

My mom has always been so very conservative with what she wears. To be honest I think that's why I tend to not dress that way. I feel as if I was stifled growing up fashion wise . Ever since I started college I've been able to explore the styles that I want and it's been so liberating .

"So what shoes are you wearing with it" she asks

"I think I'm going to wear my heeled thigh highs" I give her a confident look.

"Well you just gonna be stepping out aren't you??" She asks giving me that "go head" look.

"Yeah I want to be really confident so I don't feel awkward or say something stupid" I say contouring my face.

"Well I know they'll love you, you're my beautiful little chocolate chip" she says putting my long twists up in a half up half down hairstyle that I love so much.

"Thanks Mom" I say.

She finishes my hair and kisses my forehead "Don't walk out before letting me see the finished "beat" " she says winking at me.