Detective

Andreas' POV

I watch Naomi give my wife a hug at the front door of our home. I keep thinking about how she avoided my eyes the entire dinner. I can't really blame her for pulling away from me like she did. I know all of this must be extremely confusing for her especially since my son isn't treating her right On top of everything . I feel my hands clench at the thought.

I really feel like me and Naomi need to talk about what happened back in my office , but it's such a difficult conversation. If Naomi wants to just forget it all happened, I guess I could understand and give her her space , but she's ignited something in me that has been unlit for such a long time.

I'm actually scared of what I'm going to turn into. I know back then I pushed Dana away by being so controlling. I was so possessive over her and I thought about her constantly. I feel like that side of me has been awakened by Naomi, and I don't know if I can put that part of me back to sleep again.

I look back over to Naomi and Dana, it looks as if Dana has given her a hug. I stare at Naomi and I feel so many emotions for her.

I see her pull away from Dana and she has the weirdest look on her face. Naomi looks over at me past Dana and she looks like she's seen a ghost.

Why is she looking like that? I think to myself . She stands there frozen for just a second but long enough to where I know something is wrong.

I hear Damien say "C'mon babe lets head out".

After he says that Naomi turns in the most awkward way.

"Y'all drive safe!" Dana says.

I see them walk down the steps of the house and towards Damien's car. Me and Dana wave at them until they pull off and drive away.

It took everything for me not to ask them to stay longer, but I know I need to give Naomi her space.

Dana turns and makes her way down the corridor and I close the front door locking it. Running my fingers through my hair I sigh.

"You mind if I go over to Jaleesa's house?" Dana asks as she walks up the stairs presumably to our bedroom.

"No go ahead" I say.

She always claims she's going over Jaleesa's house but little does she know I ran into Jaleesa at the arts and crafts store the other day.

Jaleesa was so excited to see me and even told me to tell Dana she said hi. It was weird because I had believed Dana was just over at her house the other day, but Jaleesa made it known that she was upset she hadn't seen Dana in weeks.

Now, I had no idea where Dana had been going. I walk into the living room and sit on the couch.

Flicking through the channels I'm haunted by so many thoughts. Of course I know what me and Naomi did was extremely wrong. I cheated on my wife for the first time in our entire marriage, yes I felt guilty but another part of me felt free. I hadn't felt those emotions in such a long time, and even though they threatened to bring out a dark side of me, I was curious to see where it would go. I needed to let Naomi know that I have no intentions of just using her, I want to let her know that I actually care about her.

I needed to see where my wife had been going for the last couple of months. I know it's a horrible way for me to gain reassurance, but I need to know for an absolute fact that she's cheating on me.

Almost as if on cue Dana walks into the living room. I see that she's cleaned up and even put her hair in a nice low bun. She looked beautiful, I couldn't lie, but there were so many bad memories tied to her.

"I'll see you later" she says walking over to the bowl that holds all of our keys.

"Ok be safe" I say.

I hear her walk into the kitchen and go out to the garage. Ive made my mind up. I'm going to follow her. I need to confirm for myself where she's been going, and who she's been spending her time with if it wasn't Jaleesa. As soon as I hear the garage go up I run and put my shoes on. I then grab the keys to the car and make my way to the garage door.

I hear the sound of the garage starting to go down and I waist no time running to my car. Hopping in I put the keys in the ignition and rev up the car.

Thank God it's night time because I know she'd have been able to see me clear as day if the sun was up.

I back out of the garage and pull out of the driveway. Keeping my lights low I see that Dana is all the way down the street at the entrance of the neighborhood. I linger back for a while so as to not raise suspicion. I see she takes a left and I take the opportunity to drive to the stop sign at the front of our neighborhood. I take a left as well, but only after a car passes me. I make sure to take extra precautions. I follow Dana for a while making sure to keep a car between us so she won't see me. I follow every turn she makes and it looks as if she's pulling into Cedarcrest. Why would she be going into Cedarcrest? I think to myself.

Now I know for certain she isn't seeing Jaleesa because Jaleesa lives on the other side of town . I shake my head. Then a horrible thought comes into my mind.

This is where my work associate Luke Brodden lives...why would she be coming here? She starts to make all the correct turns it takes to get to Luke's house and I get a sick feeling in my stomach. I slow the car down and pull over to the edge of the street next to someone's mailbox.

I strain my eyesight and I see her take a left turn and pull into a driveway. A driveway I know for a fact to be Luke's...

I place my hands over my eyes, but as soon as I let my head rest onto the back of my seat my phone starts to ring.

I look down and see it's from an unknown number. Who could this be? I think to myself.

I pick up the phone and say "Hello?"

I hear soft crying on the other end.

"Who is this?" I ask completely confused.

"A-andreas I-I... can you please come here?" I immediately know it's Naomi on the other line.

My heart starts to race. "What happened??? Did somebody do something to you!?" I start to yell into the phone, my left hand immediately balling into a fist.

This is the first time I've ever heard her cry, and it stirs something in me.

"N-no nobody did anything to me I just... I just need to talk to you"she says crying.

"Send me your address, I'm on my way" I say.

I hear her hang up the phone and wait for her address to pop up in my messages. The message comes through in a matter of seconds and I'm off.