Control

Picture of the bar.
Andreas' POV

       Once everyone has sat comfortably in the booths my wife immediately starts to ask Damien's girlfriend , Naomi, a whole load of questions. I start to tune her out but then I hear her ask Naomi something I myself am interested in.

I hear my wife ask her about her studies at college, and I hear that she's interested in art, and that she wants to work for a firm downtown. This immediately peaks my interest.

I ask Naomi " Which firm do you have in mind?" cutting Dana off mid sentence.

I can tell that I annoyed Dana by cutting her off, but I don't care. Art is my life.

I look at Naomi , but she looks surprised at my question.

I hear Damien say " She wants to work for that one firm Declan Interiors... I actually think you know someone there? Don't you?"

I get a little annoyed that Damien didn't allow Naomi to speak for herself but I know he's just like me, in that we're very protective of our women.

Even though Damien answered for Naomi I keep a steady look on her.

I say "Yes I do actually. I have some pretty good connections in the city art wise, I'm an artist myself actually."

This seems to peak her interest as she tells me she's seen some of my pieces. I can see the passion in her eyes as she speaks and it's refreshing . I make a mental note to get her in contact with the firm of her dreams. I know that will make her so happy.

After she gets done gushing over the memory of my art pieces I thank her and give her a wink which catches even myself off guard . I realize in that moment I need to try and keep my distance from the little schönheit. (beauty)

The waiter comes over and tends to Damien and Naomi. I look down at the menu and look over all the options. The Cajun pasta looks good. I look up to ask the waitress a question about the menu, but see that she has already left.

It looks like she just left too. I start to turn my head back to the menu but I catch Damien giving the waitress' backside a long glance. I immediately hope Naomi doesn't notice Damien's wondering eye, but as I glance over at her she's seen the whole thing.

I feel bad for her and almost angry at my son for upsetting her.

"I'm sorry I need to head to the ladies room really quick" I hear her blurt out.

My heart sinks for her because I know she's very upset over noticing Damien check out the waitress . Damien lets her out of the booth and doesn't even attempt to follow her to the bathroom to make sure she gets there alright.

Damien sits back down and gives Dana a reassuring smile and she accepts it. I force myself to look down at the menu before I say something reckless.

"She seems like a sweet girl Damien" Dana says.

"Yes she's very sweet" he says with a smirk .

I wonder what he meant with that smirk.

We all talk as a family for a little . Catching up, since Damien has decided to stay at his off campus apartment for the break. He's a good boy and works hard in his studies so I am very proud of him. I remind myself to talk to him about his wondering eye later. Maybe we could go to TopGolf one of these days and have some good father son time.

I notice that it's been a minute since Naomi has left to the bathroom and I start to worry.

I speak up and ask Damien "Do you think Naomi is alright" I try to not let my true worry seep through my voice.

"Yeah she has been in there for a while" he laughs.

"Maybe you should go check on her son" I hear Dana say to Damien.

"Yeah. I should... oh wait here comes our waitress. I think I need to put me and Nomi's orders in. Could you go check for me" he asks his mother.

"I'll go check" I involuntarily blurt out.

Dana looks over at me with a weird eye.

"I'm pretty sure she's alright. I have to go to the restroom anyways. You stay here and order for us" I tell Dana.

Before she can answer I get up out of the booth and head to the restrooms.

I hope she's ok.