Silence

Naomi's POV

          The rest of my day at work went awful. My anxiety was through the roof! How could I have forgotten to pick up a f*cking plan B that day I ran from Andreas??? Everything had happened so fast and I automatically went into panic mode. I was so high off adrenaline from running away from him that I had completely forgotten all sense. Then on top of running from Andreas, Damien's crazy self popping up at JC's house and threatening me....

Oh my gosh I'm so stupid! I face palm.

Sitting on the toilet bowl seat I sit and stare at the box laying in front of me at my feet.

'Pregnancy Test'

"Oh God please I'm begging you don't let this be true" I groan to myself.

Picking up the box with a shaky hand I pull out the instructions first, and try to read through it. My mind is going a million miles a second and I can't focus enough to read anything.

I grab my knees and lay my head on my thighs. My whole body trembling. I feel my tears at the brim of my lids but I don't let them escape.

I breathe in and out slowly.

"Ok. Naomi. You're fine. It's ok." I talk to myself. "If I do end up being pregnant my life doesn't have to end I'll deal with it" I speak to myself in a reassuring way.

I breathe out and muster up the courage to grab the test. I take off the cap and I put it under me while I pee.

I shake it off a little and place it on the sink on top of the paper towel I laid out.

Methodically almost even robotic like, I get my phone and set the timer for two minutes. I close my eyes and breathe in and out to calm my nerves.

The two minutes feel like an eon. Sadly I resort to sitting and staring at the numbers tic down and down. Which consequently makes the time feel even longer.

I watch the last 10 seconds count down and I stop the alarm before it goes off. I sit frozen for a few seconds.

Gulping hard I shakily get the test off the sink. With it in my hand, I stare at the wall so afraid to see the results.

I finally gather up the courage to read the test.

Looking down with tear filled eyes I see the words clear as day.

Pregnant

Letting the test fall on the ground I burry my face in my thighs. I can't even cry immediately because I'm in so much shock.

I mean of course I knew it would happen. At least deep down. Deep down I must've known.

That night was a long night. I basically cried myself to sleep. What was I going to do ??

Waking up the next day I just sat and stared up at the ceiling. I had no one.

My aunt had gone off to a conference a couple days ago and wouldn't be back for another week. Then a thought popped in my head. I actually didn't have no one...

Grabbing my phone off the nightstand I stare at it for a while.

Just call him Naomi. I think to myself.

Suddenly my phone is unlocked and I've dialed his number.

I sit there curled into a ball as I hear the call tone go off and off.

I knew he wasn't going to answer. He had stopped texting and blowing up my phone a week ago. I think to myself. Then at the last tone I hear the phone pick up on the other side.

There's silence on the other end. And I wait with my breath being held. My heart beats inside of my ears as I wait to hear his voice.

"Naomi?" I hear his voice say shyly on the other end.

I sit and wait for a second not sure of what to say or how to approach it.

"Andreas" I croak out.