Alone

Naomi's POV

I was currently in Damien's car on the way to his parents' house, and not completely by choice I may add. I couldn't even look at him the same. All the sweet gestures he did just completely turned me off. He would try to be sweet and kind to me but my brain would automatically screw it around and only think of his actions as manipulation.

I had been successful at avoiding him almost the entire week, but dodging and ignoring him caught up to me fast. I should've known he wouldn't stand for it. Right when I got home from being at the art walk all morning , and also the risqué breakfast I had with Andreas. I drove into my driveway only to be met with Damien's car parked on the street . I had walked into the house only to be bombarded with my mother and Damien hanging out in the TV room.

I roll my eyes at just the memory of it. I guess I should've known ignoring him this long would explode in my face.

So when he offered to bring me to dinner at his parents house in front of my adoring mother I couldn't say no.

So here I am sitting with the one person I can't stand to look at, going to a place where I will be forced to act like nothing has happened between me and a certain person.

"Finally we're here" I hear Damien say with a smile.

I just look over in his direction and give him a dry smile and he senses my apprehension .

He gives me a pitiful look and I actually start to feel bad about giving him the cold shoulder. He reaches over and squeezes my thigh.

"I love you Nomi, and I hate that we've been so distant lately" he says looking kind of hurt.

I read him for filth. Is he really going to sit here and act like he isn't making me look stupid out here ? Is he really going to sit here and make Me feel guilty??

"To be honest Damien I really... I just need some time to think.." I say and open my own door and make my way to the steps of Damien's huge house. I go ahead and ring the doorbell, and I don't look back at Damien getting out of the car slow I know for sure.

The door opens and I see Mrs.Krauskopf.

"Hello beautiful! How are you!?" She says in her usual chipper way.

I smile and say "I'm doing great! Thank you for inviting me over for dinner"

"Oh you know anything for you darling!" She says as she brings me in for a hug.

Her hugs were very nice because she actually held you firm and made you feel safe. I really liked Damien's mom and I truly can't help but to feel somewhat guilty about the feelings I hold for her husband... worst yet the feelings I know he holds for me.

I make sure to hug Dana back. As she pulls away and brings her attention to Damien I can't help but to get a strong whiff of cologne. That's so odd, I mean I know cologne smells good and all and we're in the age of not judging but it's be pretty weird for her to be spraying male cologne on herself. Even odder it didn't smell like anything Andreas has worn, and I know that for a fact because I was literally surrounded in his cologne drenched coat for a good hour.

While Damien and his mother greet each other I make my way into the house. I had been here a couple times, but just at night, and I didn't get to look around much. Damien would sneak me into his room on occasion back when he wasn't staying at his apartment. I always could see how massive the house was from outside but I never truly got a chance to really take it in.

The foyer was very grand and the crown molding was even grander. I never pegged Damien's family to have such a liking for grandiose interior design.